Custom poling platform ?

I have a 1997 Hewes Redfisher 18. As all of you know the platform attaches to the transom. Have any of you guys installed a custom poling platform to you RF’s ? I really want a custom made one that I can attach completely to the deck and not the transom. Something less bulky that will still allow me to access and remove the cowling off my Yamaha 130HP. Any advice would be awesome. 

I had a 1998 18RF for years.  Same platform as yours.  I had no issues removing my cowling.  I also ran a 6" jackplate with it.  I did have to be down a bit on the plate to get the cowling off.  I like the look of deck mounted platforms but I don't like how they take up a lot of deck space.  The design of the older Hewes platform kept it over the transom and off the deck to optimize space. 

1 hour ago, Lap it Up said:

I had a 1998 18RF for years.  Same platform as yours.  I had no issues removing my cowling.  I also ran a 6" jackplate with it.  I did have to be down a bit on the plate to get the cowling off.  I like the look of deck mounted platforms but I don't like how they take up a lot of deck space.  The design of the older Hewes platform kept it over the transom and off the deck to optimize space. 

Agreed. I just don’t like that whole transom design. I’ve seen some bad *** custom made platforms that sit in the deck and don’t really take up much space. I dint have a jack plate and I have tons of room to remove the cowling so I think I can make one with a lower profile. 

Archived