Best $110 I"ve spent in a while for the skiff - Ryobi electric pressure cleaner

Wanaflatsfish

looking for something other than my large 2500 psi gas power washer - that's a PIA to start -

Found this at Home Depot and after reading the positive reviews I thought I'd give it a go...WOW....works wonders with a low enough PSI not to damage the fiberglass

$110...I can also bring to the ramp, hook up to some water and electric and off it goes...not bad...or use at home..

IMG_1123.thumb.jpg.4b7bd0144613a6135e0c04c69d139fd2.jpg

I got this for a gift the other day. Gonna load it into the truck and try it at the ramp after I load the boat on the trailer at the end of the day. It is battery operated so I would only need to bring some soap or spray foam to soak the boat and trailer down and let the washer do the rest. seems pretty neat so far but it takes a rocket scientist to figure out all the gadgets that come with it! haha

https://www.worx.com/hydroshot-portable-power-cleaner-bundle-wg629-1.html?gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=CjwKCAjwndvlBRANEiwABrR32AEy2VRsz7mb0v8Uu8IBP_RVVnVEI8KdI-rVqQa-1OF2OcA2KmIoRhoCggIQAvD_BwE

Hurricane, I figured it would be perfect for the Davis island ramp to rinse off before I take the ride home. Right now I have one of the expandable waters hoses in the back of the truck and I love it. It is nothing like carrying a regular water hose and can be made very small as to not take up much room. I figure with the small water hose and this compact gun I will be able to get the salt water off my boat and trailer at the ramp. I looked at the washer again last night and it has a 20 ft hose that you can put in a bucket to siphon water from if you don't have access to a spigot.

Smilemaker, I am from Summerville, SC and am familiar with pluff mud! haha

I’ve had one of these (green tho) for 5 or so years. It’s a bad @ss lil machine. Best part about it is is low profile so doesn’t tip. You can actually pull it around a little with the hose, where the old tall skinny one I had would tip over real easy and run pump dry. Not fun when your on a ladder or in the boat and it’s on the ground. 

It all you need for boat and quick small jobs but I’ve also done pool deck and walkways just takes longer. I don’t see why a typical homeowner would need anything more than this really.

They just had a sale on these, a few guy at my fire station just bought em last week for $79 or $89 I think 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/14/2019 at 7:00 PM, smilemaker said:

Now that you have a new toy it's time for another. Google foam cannon and take a look. The wife made me pressure wash the porches for Easter and it really helped. Actually made for cars and boats but great for siding and windows. 

Cause of this, I googled foam cannon and realized I got one of these two Christmas’s ago. I thought it a junk toy so it’s sat on my garage shelf. Pulled it out today and put some soap in it and hit wife’s Jeep and my golf cart,  both which haven’t been washed in an embarrassingly long time.

Foamed em up and washed off with wide tip, never touched a brush....I have never seen something get so clean with so little effort. Don’t know if it was the soap that came with it (chemical guy wash n shine) or these things are that good, but thanks for letting me know about it!

• Like 1

On 5/6/2019 at 9:17 PM, justfish said:

Cause of this, I googled foam cannon and realized I got one of these two Christmas’s ago. I thought it a junk toy so it’s sat on my garage shelf. Pulled it out today and put some soap in it and hit wife’s Jeep and my golf cart,  both which haven’t been washed in an embarrassingly long time.

Foamed em up and washed off with wide tip, never touched a brush....I have never seen something get so clean with so little effort. Don’t know if it was the soap that came with it (chemical guy wash n shine) or these things are that good, but thanks for letting me know about it!

Now this guy is a salesman.  Between my wifes Odyssey and my F150, washing vehicles is a last-on-the-list item at all times for me.   this might close the deal

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2019 at 9:17 PM, justfish said:

Just wondering how good it works on the darned Love Bugs?

21 hours ago, soflah3 said:

Picked up one of the Ryobi pressure sprayers last week. Made for a quick clean up after a long day of fishing. The low center of gravity on the unit makes it really handy. Looks like the soap cannon is next on my Amazon list........

I like it since it has a low pressure rating and no way to damage the gelcoat.

dc

• Like 1

On 5/17/2019 at 8:05 AM, imsnookyrd said:

Just wondering how good it works on the darned Love Bugs?

Used it on the fire engine that was covered in them last shift. It helped lossen them up but still had to hit some of em with the regular  pressure washer tip after 

If you are worried about high pressure  damage try a larger orfice tip or lower the pressure with the relief valve if your washer has an adjustable one.

Most gas washers have an attachment  that goes inline at the HP hose fitting on the unit. It pulls soap into the HP hose. A foaming tip on the wand completes the setup.

I repair small motors, chainsaws, weedeaters etc for friends so they tend to give me things that no longer work so i have a collection of free stuff that i have fixed including a few pressure washers.

Most  of the issues are fuel related, ethanol.  People will replace stuff rather than repair it.  Me i am cheap and have a garage full of tools . I am just a little smarter than the things i repair, modify but i have not bought a lawnmower in 20 years.

So while walking thru HD this morning I picked up the Ryobi 1600 psi washer. Almost picked ip the Foam Blaster but opted to wait and check with Chemical Guys to see about their product. Seems the Trinova gets high reviews. Gonna look for that at walmart. What about the soap? Any suggestions for what to get for washing boat? Car?  Treated wood deck?  Brick?

11 hours ago, CG RYAN said:

I just bought one today along with a foam canon from amazon. My wife thanks you Dino!

Thank you for your service.....and no worries....I used mine all weekend on cleaning the Big Green Egg, the Napoleon BBQ, and of course....the Skiff :)

For light duty....it's easy peasy, lemon squeezy....all you do is plug and play....I got the 3 year warranty in the event it breaks....head back and get another....

BE CAREFUL WITH WHERE IT ATTACHES THE HOSE TO THE UNIT....IT'S PLASTIC AND I BROKE THE FITTING WHEN INSTALLING IT....OF COURSE, HD TOOK IT BACK, NO QUESTIONS ASKED, BUT, JUST TREAT IT EASY WHEN DRAGGING AROUND DECK AT HOME.

DC

On 5/7/2019 at 9:41 AM, justfish said:

I will add that everyone should have one of these in their arsenal for the boat. Great for tight spots likebin bilge and compartments and makes the foam cannon easier that the long wand

$20 on Amazon 

5A6589BD-5850-4A00-B1B2-2C5B29BC7D25.jpeg

i can't find this on Amazon....can you send the SKU or link please?

dc