spiff up after 13 yrs

smooth move

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

couldn't get a good pic of inside of compartment. had enough light, but couldn't tell what you were looking at. they built the deck out of 1" marine plywood and gl***ed it inside and out. even gl***ed the lip after cutting hole for the hatch. i wanted the hatch to be like the original one just forward of this one, but that would have been over my budget. he matched the texture perfectly and fixed a soft spot in the deck behind the console and retextured the entire lower deck.

• 3 weeks later...

How do the side hatch lids open with the new deck addition being so close to the hinges? I think this idea is neat as heck and would try something similar in a heartbeat just trying to wrap my head around the hatch issue. I think I'd try to put a bait well in that area so I could stock it from the front after tossing the net. that frame for the cooler seat sitting it up like that is VERY nice. Well thought out, KUDOS!

• 1 year later...

i built all the aluminum hardware and had it powder coated, but haven't had great luck with powder coating. this stuff had cracks and corrosion spots after only a year. when i did the spiff up i got him to redo it on his nickle. so far so good. i've built some stuff for other folks and used a aluminum primer and paint with good results and it's easy to touch up if you scrape it.

• 1 month later...

Archived