Inverted trim tab buttons

So I purchased my first hewes like 3 weeks ago and through out that time I’ve been messing with the boat to educate myself in it. It has lenco trim tabs, don’t know what year and I noticed that the buttons are actually inverted.  When I lift or lower the left button the right tab goes up and down and vice versa. It’s been bugging me as I am new to this and I am not sure if that how it was made out to be. Wanted some insight on this subject. 

Sounds to me they are wired correctly.  You push the switch in the position you want the boat to respond.  Example: Push the starboard rocker forward and the port tab should go down to push starboard bow down to the right.  Some people wire tabs "backwards" so each switch works with the tab on its same side but that is not the norm. 

29 minutes ago, Lap it Up said:

Sounds to me they are wired correctly.  You push the switch in the position you want the boat to respond.  Example: Push the starboard rocker forward and the port tab should go down to push starboard bow down to the right.  Some people wire tabs "backwards" so each switch works with the tab on its same side but that is not the norm. 

That just blew my mind. It makes sense now. It’s wired like that because it’s how you want the boat to respond. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, HoneyB said:

Yes you have to think in terms of how you want the bow to respond. The only thing is that if the tabs were all the way up and you wanted to raise one side You would have to actually lower the opisite side. If that makes sense ?

Makes total sense. It’s all based from the boats point of view and not mine.