Hewes bayfisher 16 draft?

drewzx3

Had one for 10 years.

Normal draft 10i"ish, prob loaded closer to 12" depending on your def of loaded. These are true measurements too, meaning me getting in water with my FS ruler. Most of the drafts you read on the intraweb are not. It will go as shallow as most any flats boat. The technical poling boats will go a little shallower, but your ride will suffer. It's all a compromise.

I ran a 3 blade Turbo prop and could hit 43mph alone if stars aligned, normally 41-42ish. One of my last trips with it, loaded with 2 big buddies and all our fishing and free dive gear and still hit 37.

Overall, great boat. I loved it. I doubt there is a better riding 16' flats boat out there. Honestly in a tight chop, I think it rode better than my Pathfinder does.

Any questions, feel free to ask. I noticed you have asked about several boats including a couple bayfishers and tailfishers. The are very different boats really made for different purposes. What type of fishing do you mostly do?

IMHO that is a little high unless it is in pristine condition(ie. iPilot, totally new wire throughout)

Most of the Lappys that you see are around the 8000-9000 range that are that old. There was one on here a year or so ago that was a tender vessel on a larger boat that was pristine, had sea dek all over, very nice and I think it was around 10,000.

I sold my 1996 is May. 2 owner garage kept boat that I considered in great condition. Had wiring cleaned up nice, all new connections, all new pumps, batts , all new pretty much everything except TM and everything worked. Also had a powerpole and sat on a new Owens trailer prob 3k on it.

I sold it for less than that, although it was the first day I showed it and to the second guy who came and saw it. I was slightly motivated to sell due to leaving town the following day for a two week vacation and not wanting to deal with it during.

I think my ad has dropped off here, but you can look in vintage Hewes section to see it. Based on seeing the pics posted, I'd agree it's prob closer to a $9k boat given the condition I see and options it has.

Archived