1972 Bonefisher BAIT BOX?

Waterlogged1

I am new to this forum but will be a contributor soon!  I recently purchased a 1972 Hewes Bonefisher.  I found this boat locally here in Naples, and interestingly enough, I found a thread back in 2008 where a PO was going to restore, they didn't get far.  Anyway, I got the itch and now I own it!  The title indicates 17'6", and I know many of these boats had the bait boxes on the transom, maybe they were removed from this boat at some point in the last 47 years as the overall length is 16'6"ish.  Could the title have included the length with the boxes attached?  Since this is a '72, the title was issued at a later date since it was before titles in FL(Nov '72).  Any thoughts on this?

Also, I would like to either find a set, or build the boxes onto the back of the boat.  Does anyone have some good photos/dimensions they could share?  I would say there is almost no chance to find a loose set to buy.

Thanks, I will be documenting the restoration as it unfolds.  Look for a new thread in a few weeks...

IMG_4478.JPG

IMG_4479.JPG

IMG_4480.JPG

• 2 months later...