Sign in to follow this  
Bud_man

Steering cable length for 16

Yeah, that hydraulic is nice, but about $300 more than a no feedback cable system. Then again, at least I wouldn't have to pull the motor to switch it out. Decisions, decisions.

I spoke with the nice folks at MHP today. Here are the cable rigging details for the 2000 Bayfisher 16:

Steering Cable: 12' Teleflex 20120-12

Control Cables: 14' Teleflex 21176-14

Cheers,

Bud

The few hundred to upgrade to hydraulic is worth it in my opinion. I just did it on my Redfisher 16. 

The cable has to make a very sharp turn when it leaves the console and goes below deck. As it ages it becomes a binding point.  Below is my cable at ten years old. It froze suddenly one day and I almost ran up onto a canal bank because of it. 

image.jpeg

On 12/29/2014 at 7:39 PM, Bud_man said:

I spoke with the nice folks at MHP today. Here are the cable rigging details for the 2000 Bayfisher 16:

Steering Cable: 12' Teleflex 20120-12

Control Cables: 14' Teleflex 21176-14

Cheers,

Bud

Any idea if this is the same for a 1992 Bonefisher 16?

On 12/26/2014 at 8:56 AM, HewesYourDaddy said:

Mines doing the same on my '96. I think the answer is to get hydraulic steering for about $500

I was just about to tell you the same thing. After I've installed cables twice on my boat I wish I would have gone hydr the first time. now that I have Hydra steering its the only way to go.