Loose deck on 97 hewes RF?

Jorgerivadeneira

Working on the boat today and discovered that the deck was loose from the hull. I was pushing the rub Rail up and the deck was raising a tiny bit. Come to find out that the screws that attach them both together are pretty loose. Should I be worried ? I was thinking of repatching the holes and making new ones to seal it again. Then caulk it up again under the rub rail.  

Make sure it is a good, real good, bond!  I had a 97 Hewes that was doing the same thing.  I did not think much about and did the old "I'll get it next weekend".  I was running across Tampa Bay on a choppy day and must have taken a wave across the bow and it pushed the whole hull in.  The I'll get it next weekend turned into a month in the shop and $$$.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just ran into this on a Bayfisher 18 I just bought. I needed some glass work done on the front deck and we noticed that the cap was loose forward. He fixed it by tabbing the hull to the cap through the hatch from the gas tank area forward on both sides and rebeddiing the screws; finished it off by running a black sealant bead under the rub rail. Fixed that problem.

Chuck  😁