2200TRS forward rod holders added

HoneyB

On 3/14/2019 at 2:44 PM, HoneyB said:

Added two more rod holders today. Gemlux flush mount Bluewater 15 degree. No screws topside made a very clean looking addition.

C73B35C0-E0D5-43AF-AA5A-628830E540CE.jpeg

95C73DDC-CE07-439C-A5B9-003004B26175.jpeg

Honey B, Can you post pics of inside? Is this a TRS or TE. I really want to do this. did you have to buy the wrench? 

The boat is a 2200TRS. I did buy the wrench from Gemlux. The deal is you buy it and once your finished you ship it back for a refund. 

I did not use the wrench to tighten mine. After carefully making sure I could get to the area and that the wrench would fit I drilled my holes. I had plenty of room from the outside of the hull to where I placed my rod holder. I ran into one unforeseen issue. The fifteen degree holder landed about a inch away from the hull at the bottom of the holder. In other words the angle on the side of the boat was much more than the angle of the rod holder, so it got close at the bottom of the installed rod holder. They are not as close as they appear in the picture. I was able to tighten them with a pair of channels lock pliers. I would put them in the exact same spot if I did it again because I want them close to the edge. Also they line up with my t top for future forward shade. My T Top is very wide. 

My measurement was roughly 9.5 inches from the edge of the anchor locker to the back of the rod holder flange. I have my plugs but still have to get tubing to run into the bildge as this will land in the very front of the forward box. The four inch or so step up keeps the rod holder from intruding into the box very much and it is so far forward i do not see an issue. 

Happy to help if you have anymore questions.

8874F87D-8060-43E1-9E85-759FD6090365.jpeg

On 3/20/2019 at 7:10 PM, HoneyB said:

Thanks Guys. I know I could have bought cheaper rod holders. I looked at some round ones with screws but if you buy nice rod holders it is not a stretch to spend the money on the ones with no screws. They really do look great up there.

HoneyB thank you for the reply. You must be a spider monkey to get the channel locks in there. I stuck my arm in the other day just to check clearance and it is tight. Thank you for the measurements and pic. Gemlux was already my choice. 

Archived