Recovery mode

Capt. Troy

Water temps are back to 72 and the fish went to chewin again. After the disaster charter last week after the big front I was worried about what was in store yesterday. Weird weather and windy with fog and low ceilings. Bait was easy so i was feeling a little better about the day.

Ended up slamming both my guys and had a fairly good bite all day. Lots of nice trout, a few reds and half a dozen snook. This was the day maker.

uhJHtY9.jpg9JApmFX.jpg

53 minutes ago, mulligan said:

Nice fish.  Good to here the water temp starting to climb.

The girlfriend and I were out Saturday and the temp was close to 70.  More trout and smaller size reds than we could count but seemed like all the snook we saw were not willing to play.

It took a lot of live chum to get them to fire up. With the cooler temps these fish are like snook on steroids. Not a one run and done. More like 3 or 4 runs and done. We lost several to leader chew through from the longer fight times.

4 hours ago, linesider 159 said:

Troy, been out looking for any rays and their partners yet? Wondering if the warm streak we have had has then out a little early

Yes, no Joy. No Rays either but the water just got out of the 60's and more weather coming this week with wind. Very few days were even right for looking. The water has been dirty around the power plant.

Triple tail last week in the first trap line offshore. Saw 20 caught 9 and all short.

Archived