Dino, Robert, Coto two boat back country adventure & MA17 cut's da chop :)

dondinochoko-1-2.jpg

We headed out at 0700 and decided to run the back through the Lopez.....5 doz hand selects in each boat and Coto armed with his partie

In the morning it was slow as we moved around Chevalier Bay and the surrounding bars, but, did find a few small reds, trouts, ladies and 10 or so small snook....

Coto was banging them on the arties while I was doing a combo of pop'n corks and arties....

After a almost disaster where I broke ever rule I always tell people on my skiff - never leave the rod on the deck, leaning against something.....YES YES YES always in a rod holder....I was heaving a chunk of lady to the shore, i mis-juddged where my St Croix Avid and sustain combo was sitting, it snagged it, and over it went...ugggh $400 in the middle of the cut....thank goodness we were powerpole, so I grabbed a big snag type hook and found it.....sustain is toast - it was 15 years old anyways.....and not worth repairing....but, got back the rod...

Robert's Pathy on the point....

dondinochoko-2-2.thumb.jpg.ad4f4ca16032a98cf55d53931f901c47.jpg

We moved a few times in the back and decided to head out front for some incoming trout action...

The trout out in front south of the Chatham were on fire....non stop action and a few nice trout came home along with a bonus pompano....after 10 or so trout we headed south some more to go look for some reds and snook....

Went to one of my "go to spots" and found this cousin of the reds...

dondinochoko-3-2.thumb.jpg.909741ae071c282c568400c390bfa643.jpg

with only a face a mother could love :)

dondinochoko-4-2.thumb.jpg.c97847ea3b484d1d4837a23a5e829cd4.jpg

Robert found a nice slot red back on the shore line up in the bights on the high water and Coto, in his pursuit of snook on Arties, went with a DOA, which I recommended 3rd hand from Paul - Conocean...

Paul, this one is for you :)

dondinochoko-5-2.thumb.jpg.ce543acef0c9b4b9f221676c9ead0f4e.jpg

The tide ran up hard and fast and we had to head home early, but, with a bunch of fish and some good stories....another great day on the water....

More rat reds than we could count....trout-a-paloooza - ladyfish dance party and we seemed to be finding the snook pre-school classes every stop.....yep, won't see another slot till after the season (LOL)...

everyone asks about the performance of the MA17 in the chop....here's a video from my buddy robert while we were running home...

A comfortable 26-28mph, cutting a west wind chop running the shore....

Lurem, I had the same problem with the video.  You can right click in the white space where you think the video is, and Save Audio as... to your computer.  Then you should be able to view it locally on your computer.  It's a small MP4 file (low res) 740K.

20 hours ago, Wanaflatsfish said:

YEP, 

i was excited to see her running....it was not super nasty, but, enough to trim down the bow and let her cut it.....you can see how the spray does not enter the skiff.

dc

Yea it looked great!  I did notice the spray... it was great to see the vid because you just never get to see from that angle!  Very cool...

Archived