2000 2200v repower 200sho prop?

So I finally blew my Vmax 225. Been wanting an sho for a long time. The earlier 2200vs max 225, and are lighter by several hundred pounds right?

anyway 225shos are on backorder and I found an in stock last years 200sho model at a dealer for a great discount with the 6yr warranty so it’s getting mounted now!!

i get to test a few props. I’ve read all the forums but haven’t found much info directly related to these older/lighter 2200Vs??

looks like a lot of people run PowerTech ofx3s. 19p seems popular but I’m wondering if the lighter hull might let the sho turn a 21p??

would love to see 60 out of her but I do have a t-top and it’s only the 200 so we’ll see.

tia

I think JEM has a 'vintage' 22 TE, but with a 225 SHO. He was running an OFX3 but switched up to a Bravo 1 FS in 20 pitch, and picked up performance in all ranges of operation; WOT speed, cruise speed, fuel burn, etc. Search the forum for posts from JEM, and you'll find it. I tried to find it on my thread (23 HPS // 250 SHO)  in prop discussion, but it wasn't there.

Also, no shame in the 200 SHO. A lot of bass fishermen buy them and have the ECU flashed by Nizpro, to 320 h.p. It's the same exact engine as the other SHO motors, just a different program in the ECU. That info is also available in other threads here, and seems to be a hot button for some folks. HoneyB, on this forum, just had his 200 SHO flashed and picked up 11 mph with a prop he had lying around. I'm sure he'll soon be dialed in and pick up even more than that. I believe he is running a newer 22 with a big 'ol t-top and ran 62.9 mph!

Welcome to the forum and update us when you're back on the water.

60mph with a 200 will be a stretch. I ran a couple of different props when my motor was a 200. I could not swing a 21 and make 6000rpm, but I was running large diameter props. My 2200trs would run 52mph at 5900 rpm with a 19 pitch enertia. The tempest plus was about the same maybe a smidge faster. 

8 hours ago, HoneyB said:

60mph with a 200 will be a stretch. I ran a couple of different props when my motor was a 200. I could not swing a 21 and make 6000rpm, but I was running large diameter props. My 2200trs would run 52mph at 5900 rpm with a 19 pitch enertia. The tempest plus was about the same maybe a smidge faster. 

Ya that’s what I was kind of thinking too. I know my boat is a bit lighter than a trs but still... I already have a sws 19p from the Vmax.

i think im going to try and spin the bravo 20p.

i wouldn’t be real happy only getting 52mph and would probably be getting a 250ecu or just flashing to nizpro.

I replaced a 2003 200HPDI on a 2003 22V  with a 2015 200 SHO. I also have a oversized T top and ran a OFX-4 !9" with a top end of 50. The new SHO was over proped with the new SHO because it had a different gear ratio than the old HPDI. Bottom line is I had to downsize to a 17" OFX-4 to maintain the same performance. Also the new SHO from 200, 225 to 250 are all the same except for the ECU. My boat is only rated for 225 and not withstanding the warranty issue it did not seem cost effective to Flash or replace the ECU. My motor is really strong out of the hole and i usually only cruise 35-40mph. Gas mileage is great also. 

• 5 weeks later...

Archived