2019 Pathfinder 22 Electronics

Drtaylor17

19 minutes ago, Drtaylor17 said:

Looking into buying a 2019  Pathfinder 22ft Tournament and was wondering what everyone was putting on there boats for a GPS/Depth Chart/Fish Finder.  What brand of electronics and what size? Will be doing 95%  inshore fishing with this rig. Thanks for the help!

I've owned GARMIN since 2001 when I bought my first dusky....I"ve had the basic 500 series, then went to the 3210 series and a FURUNO for yellowtailing, then went with 1040Xs.....back until a few years ago, I would have said GARMIN, GARMIN, GARMIN....due to: (1) Customer Service (2) Mapping....they had great detail etc.

When I bought the 1040XS back about 5 years ago, I found they had changed the mapping software without me understanding - my fishing partner DonH had the old 740 series which was much much better than the new 1040 series....90% of the time, when near shorelines, I was in the mangroves vs on the edge.   I became quite dissappointed no matter how many times I called GARMIN about it....they said, "oh, nothing had changed - I call Bull"

I recently had an ephiffany and went with the Simrad EVO2 which I got at a bargin price as they were closing out ready to go tot he EVO3.

I specifically got it for the FMT mapping software....I cannot be happier.  Hands down, enough said.

Depending on your budget and size you want, it appears that Lowrence and Simrad have now moved ahead of Garmin in terms of price / value.

Many here are solid Lowrance users and love their products - I have NO experience with this unit, but, will take their recommendations at face value.  i went with the Simrad for one reason - the knob which allows you to zoom in / out while running the backcountry at high speeds and running the FMT tracks.  I personally did not want to be touch a series of buttons to zoom in/out...but, that's just me....for others, it works well.

Long post...but, some history on my personal experiences...I've owned probably 5 Garmins, one Furuno, and now a Simrad.   

DC

I looked at the Garmin unit above, when I was down in Ft. Lauderdale last week.  Am considering it in the 10" size to replace my 4208 unit.  Was considering the Simrad NSS evo3 but was not impressed with the mapping detail.  The new Garmin BlueChart G3 maps look very good.  I think Garmin is stepping up their game since they bought Navionics.

If you live in Florida I’d have a Simrad Evo3 with Florida Marine Tracks. I don’t think anything is comparable currently.

I live in Ga and have Navionics on a 9” Evo3. Ive got 3 Fl trips at least this year in various locations and I’m gonna purchase the chip(cheaper than a lower unit). I don’t really need FMT for my area but when the Ga chip is released I’m sure a bunch will buy it including me. His detail is impressive 

I went with two flush mount Lowrance Elite 7's on my 2200 TRS. The two units filled the dash space very nicely and were a very price friendly option vs a big 12" screen. I also like the thought of having a backup GPS/Fishfinder at all times. I usually run one unit in full-screen map mode and the other full-screen fishfinder. I have the Totalscan transducer and the cable is long enough to plug into either unit. 

Archived