25' Hybrid - Powerdcoat/Line Ex Question

david Terry

I considered this and the Sarasota LineX guy said he'd go get the parts from Pathfinder if they'd let him.  It was much more expensive and I wasn't sure about the colors matching so I just went with powder coat.  It will probably have problems at some point.  You just have to accept that.   Or you can order it bare and disassemble it and get it painted professionally.  That way it is easy to repair when it gets scratched.

I have a powdercoated factory t top on my 2400 and it is like new after 6 years.  My father had the linex on his barker and I honestly was not a fan at all and neither was he. The finish around the hardware just wasn’t nice enough for such an expensive boat. I’m sure it is durable but the metal was getting moisture on it beneath the linex near the hardware. I think the powder coat is so much cleaner looking and it has been around forever. He is currently having another barker built and will be going with powder coat this time. 

I have no experience with LineX.  I think a lot of the horror stories you here about powdercoating are from years past.  It is much more durable now than it used to be.  If it is prepped right it holds up well.  My current boat I had the steering wheel done years ago and there is no marks, crack, peels,ect. and the wheel gets plenty of use:D

Archived