New Merc/Quicksilver Q4

Luke Sutter

I currently run a 2400TRS with half tower powered by a Yami F300.  I currently have a three blade Yamaha SII 15x21P.  Top end is 54ish at 5600rpm’s.  Hole shot isn’t the horrible but not great.  I stopped by a couple prop shops and both are raving about the new Q4.  Quicksilver is staying the best of holeshot, midrange and holeshot all in one prop...?

I thought that the Q-4 was a cross over Quicksilver to Mercury .Q-4 was a Standard Stainless alloy ( lot less expensive) prop with a simular design to Mercury’s Spitefire X-7 .  4 1/4 cross over from Q-4 —- Spitefire x-7 and on the larger hub the Q-4 crossover should be Q-4 —— Rev 4 like Mulligan said .    Joe R 

Mercury and Quicksilver Propeller Crossover

Mercury To Quicksilver Crossover

Many people ask us the difference between Quicksilver and Mercury.  Quicksilver propellers are Mercury's aftermarket brand and are made in the same factories, from the same molds, they are just stamped different.  The most accurate comparrison would be Chevy and GMC, they produce the same products, only the branding is different.  Below you will find a list of Mercury propellers and their Quicksilver counterparts.

Mercury and Quicksilver Equivalents
Mercury Quicksilver
Alpha 4 (No Longer Available) Diamond 4 (NLA, See Quicksilver Nemesis)
Black Max Black Diamond
Mercury Enertia Quicksilver Q3
Mercury High Five Quicksilver QST5
Mercury Mirage Quicksilver Thunderbolt
Mercury Revolution 4 Quicksilver Q4 (4-3/4" Gearcase)
Mercury Spitfire Quicksilver Nemesis
Mercury Vengeance Quicksilver Silverado
Mercury Laser II Quicksilver Lightspeed
Mercury Spitfire X7 Quicksilver Q4 (4-1/4" Gearcase)

Archived