Warming Up

Capt. Troy

Been tough since the first of the year with the weather but I'm getting out a little more now.

Water temps Friday were 62 to 64 in the later part of the day. A little bit of bait starting to show but hard to catch.

Fished shrimp and jigs and managed some decent trout and small reds. The snook were frustrating. Laid up in the Skinny and very spooky.

Got to watch this one eat finally. I actually jumped like I was setting the hook when he slammed the shrimp after he looked at it 5 times. Glad I wasn't the one with the rod as I most likely would have snatched it away from him. Gotta love sight fishing!😉

LTfO9pz.jpg

Seems like it’s been fore ever since we had great fishing weather . The temperatures are getting better every week now I need some water without a negative tide during my narrow window of opportunity that I can fish during . What I did notice last trip is how healthy the redfish looked . Good looking snook you have . 

Nice work. I thought I saw a pretty green Maverick behind a fancy new truck!:) 

Sounds like you did a lot better than us on Sunday.  I finally got a break from looking at houses, I was told I get too grumpy if I go too long without being on the water, and got out for a few hours after work.  We were mostly north of the Cotee to avoid the wind.  Everything we saw did not want to eat except a couple drums.

10 hours ago, mulligan said:

Sounds like you did a lot better than us on Sunday.  I finally got a break from looking at houses, I was told I get too grumpy if I go too long without being on the water, and got out for a few hours after work.  We were mostly north of the Cotee to avoid the wind.  Everything we saw did not want to eat except a couple drums.

caught a mammy whopper todaydZNZvmE.jpg

On 2/18/2019 at 8:31 AM, mulligan said:

Its a year old now.😊

o8JRb6T.jpg

Archived