Total Scan Install Question

Headhunter

If it is installed properly, there is just a little spray and it does read at high speeds.  My total scan reads depth at 40+

That said, its very sensitive to proper location on the transom and height and angle.  Just a 1/4" up or down can make a difference.  I found about 1/2 of the transducer face needs to be below the plane of the water at speed.  More than that there is a problem.  Less than that it does not read consistently.

7 hours ago, Vaca Cut said:

I installed my Totalscan in the pocket on my 18 foot Redfisher. Took two adjustments up and down but now I read clear at all speeds and no rooster tail. 

Could you post a picture of this setup and explain how you ran the cable?

Thanks 👍

Has anyone installed the Total Scan with a metal bracket? On my new to me RF, the previous owner said that the water pressure on the Totalscan transducer caused a huge rooster tail and broke the plastic bracket that it came with. I'm guessing he didn't install it properly. I've seen that it's possible to buy a metal bracket, which I'm considering to replace the plastic one for additional strength. Does anyone have any experience with these? 

I'm hoping mounting it correctly won't put that pressure on it and also not cause it to rooster tail. 

Thanks!

Archived