Sign in to follow this  
finbully

ordered: Pathfinder 2500 Hybrid

Yesterday, I ordered a 2500 Hybrid. Pretty excited to have this boat that will allow me to fish inside and expand my range outside since I am coming out of a Maverick HPX V 18. Skip is going to check on this for me after the Miami Boat Show but I have a question for other owners of this boat. Has anyone installed radar on this boat? I want to but only if the T Top is engineered for the added mass. I am going to buy my own electronics (I have no problem rigging). I'm pretty set on a Simrad NSS Evo3 12" (absolutely want a unit that is compatible with Florida Marine Tracks) at the helm, a Rhodan 36 volt up front, and a GPS/AIS VHF. I want the Furuno 1935 radar so hopefully the T Top is capable already or can be beefed up at the factory.

You have made a great decision on the boat. I absolutely love mine! I have the Simrad Evo 3 12" as well with FMT and it is a great combination. I can't help you on the radar issue, but I would think they could add a mounting pad for it without any problems. If I can answer any questions for you let me know. My build thread is here somewhere.

The fiberglass hardtop is designed for small radars like domes.  There is a square mounting pad formed into the top.  Many have radars but they are the dome style.  I've never seen one with an open array.  I don't know that it could handle that much weight or would look good , probably not.  The domes aren't great for finding birds but sufficient for navigating at night and in fog.