ordered: Pathfinder 2500 Hybrid

finbully

Yesterday, I ordered a 2500 Hybrid. Pretty excited to have this boat that will allow me to fish inside and expand my range outside since I am coming out of a Maverick HPX V 18. Skip is going to check on this for me after the Miami Boat Show but I have a question for other owners of this boat. Has anyone installed radar on this boat? I want to but only if the T Top is engineered for the added mass. I am going to buy my own electronics (I have no problem rigging). I'm pretty set on a Simrad NSS Evo3 12" (absolutely want a unit that is compatible with Florida Marine Tracks) at the helm, a Rhodan 36 volt up front, and a GPS/AIS VHF. I want the Furuno 1935 radar so hopefully the T Top is capable already or can be beefed up at the factory.

You have made a great decision on the boat. I absolutely love mine! I have the Simrad Evo 3 12" as well with FMT and it is a great combination. I can't help you on the radar issue, but I would think they could add a mounting pad for it without any problems. If I can answer any questions for you let me know. My build thread is here somewhere.

The fiberglass hardtop is designed for small radars like domes.  There is a square mounting pad formed into the top.  Many have radars but they are the dome style.  I've never seen one with an open array.  I don't know that it could handle that much weight or would look good , probably not.  The domes aren't great for finding birds but sufficient for navigating at night and in fog.

• 4 weeks later...

Sent Skip the Simrad NSS12 Evo & Rhodan for them to install.

Build date is approaching - March 27.

Trying to decide on batteries for the Rhodan. Saw Li batteries at the Bassmaster Classic this past weekend - 40 pound weight savings per battery (3*40=120 lb) and 10-year warranty may be my ticket. 2 - 3 times the cost of AGMs but maybe worth it.

Also still figuring out motor support for towing leaning toward Motor Mate who was also at the Classic.

Might want to check on delivery status.  I ordered a 2200TRS in February and just got a call from my dealer to say that Pathfinder can't get any Yamaha engines and delivery has been delayed from April to June/July.  Of course I could have substituted for the 4 cylinder but didn't go for that.  

I am concerned what this means for the Pathfinder factory.  Do they shut down and layoff workers?  If true, won't be good for quality control.  

On 3/19/2019 at 12:38 PM, finbully said:

Sent Skip the Simrad NSS12 Evo & Rhodan for them to install.

Build date is approaching - March 27.

Trying to decide on batteries for the Rhodan. Saw Li batteries at the Bassmaster Classic this past weekend - 40 pound weight savings per battery (3*40=120 lb) and 10-year warranty may be my ticket. 2 - 3 times the cost of AGMs but maybe worth it.

Also still figuring out motor support for towing leaning toward Motor Mate who was also at the Classic.

Where are finding Li batteries at 2-3 times AGM’s, what I have seen is 7-10 times the cost?

18 hours ago, Rookie1234 said:

Might want to check on delivery status.  I ordered a 2200TRS in February and just got a call from my dealer to say that Pathfinder can't get any Yamaha engines and delivery has been delayed from April to June/July.  Of course I could have substituted for the 4 cylinder but didn't go for that.  

I am concerned what this means for the Pathfinder factory.  Do they shut down and layoff workers?  If true, won't be good for quality control.  

Called my dealer he told me ship date now shows April 09. Thanks I'll verify. I had this same Yamaha issue with a new Ranger bass boat last year. Finally gave up on Yamaha and got Mercury. I'll do the same thing on this rig if Yamaha can't get their house in order.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So I've had my boat for a month now and I'm getting it dialed in for my use over the duration of my ownership.

I finished the installation of my Simrad 4G radar and NMEA 2000 network this weekend. It probably took me way longer than having a shop do it but I wanted to be sure everything was installed and protected for marine use. I installed the 4G radar on a 5" aft leaning Seaview stand and mounting plate. I figure this will get the radar beam above my T-Top and quite frankly, I think it looks cool on the stand. I mounted a Simrad NSS9 Evo 3 on the forward horizontal pipe of the T-Top using a set of clamps I found that people mount light bars with on off-road vehicles. I networked the radar with Ethernet from my NSS12 that I had Pathfinder mount in the helm to the NSS9 I installed. For this alone, I didn't need NMEA 2000 but I installed the NMEA 2000 network because I will end up mounting a Point 1 somewhere so I can overlay radar on my charts. I have not had the boat on the water with radar yet, but everything seems to be working fine in my driveway.

Pathfinder1.jpg

Pathfinder2.jpg