tackle storage suggestions??

MikeH

Mike, I've really learned to minimize the tackle I take on board.  I'm down to two plastic boxes, a zip bag for soft plastics, a leader wallet, and two small crates (maybe 6"x6") that hold the loose stuff (gloves, buff, sunscreen, small box with terminal tackle, other assorted items).  I have fished with a well-known guide several times and sometimes all he has on board is extra twist lock hooks and a couple of packages of soft plastic paddle tails and jerk shads!

10 hours ago, Big Dave said:

...two plastic boxes, a zip bag for soft plastics, a leader wallet, and two small crates (maybe 6"x6") that hold the loose stuff (gloves, buff, sunscreen, small box with terminal tackle, other assorted items)....

Much the same here, but it's more for convenience. We bounce back and forth between our Redfisher and SOT kayaks and the gear follows us. Purty darned handy in both platforms.

2 hours ago, Lowcountry Joe said:

This is what I did on my 22' Pathfinder, don't know if there's any room someplace  on the Master Angler but just an idea. Was relatively easy to make.

image.png.f4b1fab8ccd7a232dcd1180929a5bc4d.pngimage.png.2226ed066608504479ca18b3df588c35.png

Love this storage unit. Been wanting one for years. Love to see more pictures of it without the cover on. Was easy to make, not for me. Mind asking what it cost to make. Outfitters want an arm and leg for theirs.

On 2/9/2019 at 9:41 PM, Big Dave said:

I have fished with a well-known guide several times and sometimes all he has on board is extra twist lock hooks and a couple of packages of soft plastic paddle tails and jerk shads!

Yep, another famous south florida guide I know who fished biscayne bay says, "if it doesn't fit in your pockets, it's more than you need" :)

I have been scaling back as well....I found I keep fishing the same lures over and over and a plastic plano of gulp and I'm good to go...

Before all you Yetti haters jump in....this works pretty good for my fishing.....I use pop' n corks and shrimp....shrimp stay in the bucket and basics on the side of the bucket in a holder....I'll switch back and forth during the day and use artificial jerk baits or DOA shrimp or even spoons etc.....I usually have 3 rods rigged with different baits to heave...

I will say, the Yetti bucket works as I thought...it's heavy on the bottom and has a nice  backing...with about 1/4 full of water, it doesn't move much when placed properly in front of the seat console on the MA17...

DC

b111.thumb.jpg.c78c9f3f855defd45caa79e511cdb8f0.jpg643185779_IMG_993421111.thumb.jpg.3cf9b31d26ed594d81bc4aebb9320395.jpgIMG_99321111.thumb.jpg.dc8eb029c56ab532341b78ba368100e6.jpgIMG_9933.thumb.jpg.49f178a5da67907269572fad7b0dda69.jpg

Archived