Replacing Garmin thoughts?

DaveC

2 hours ago, THE OUTLAW said:

was going to pull the trigger on a Go 9 , but noway now .

Ralph, keep an eye out on someone upgrading from EVO2 to EVO3...you should be able to pick one up on one of the fishing boards....

Check with Simrad before you do to find out how long they will service the EVO2.....I bought mine at WM with the warranty..so, if it goes bad, I bring it in and they replace it or give me $ credit towards a new EVO3.....

dc

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, DaveC said:

Okay... I think that I am going with a Lowrance HDS Carbon 12...…….  What do y'all think?  I will be getting FMT mapping so, its a big unit and was thinking of a 9 but??? 

That is a big unit. I would love to have the space for a 12, but 9 is as large as I can go. I'm on the hunt for a 9" unit now.

3 hours ago, HewesYourDaddy said:

That is a big unit. I would love to have the space for a 12, but 9 is as large as I can go. I'm on the hunt for a 9" unit now.

Researched this for hours and made templates etc to make the 12 work. Couldn't do it and went with the Lowrance Live 9. Leaving Garmin so still learning new system so nothing much I can offer from that regard. Sent ya a PM with some more info as I didn't wanna derail the thread.

On 4/1/2019 at 6:18 PM, THE OUTLAW said:

Thinkin about running a 65” Samsung on my 16 Redfisher .

Would this be acceptable ?

🇺🇸☠️

so good. 

yes, of course i'm jealous of the big offshore boats i see on tv with *** near that much total screen acreage but it's still funny....

On 2/9/2019 at 1:45 PM, FMT Charting Group said:

GA will likely be next with the SC

Wish y'all would do TX.  Granted we don't have the water clarity in the north half of the state but there are a LOT of boaters around here that would love to throw money at something like this. 

I'm sure we will get to TX.  The issue we would have there is the tracking how to best represent that.  You have these wide expansive rocky bays like Baffin Bay that are run in very shallow running tunnel skiffs.  We can map it, but I am not sure we would want to create navigable tracks all over these expansive shallow areas.  If we do it, we would likely track the edges and deeper channels nearby and work to mark the obstacles on the flats along with obviously correcting the accuracy of all of the markers. 

On 4/1/2019 at 7:18 PM, THE OUTLAW said:

Thinkin about running a 65” Samsung on my 16 Redfisher .

Would this be acceptable ?

🇺🇸☠️

OL, if your going to go that big, may as well go 72 and be done with it. Also add  a drone to the works as a FMT. Be the envy of the shallow water crowd. Understand LG is waterproof. Post pictures a must guy. 😀

On 4/1/2019 at 9:23 PM, triplec said:

Researched this for hours and made templates etc to make the 12 work. Couldn't do it and went with the Lowrance Live 9. Leaving Garmin so still learning new system so nothing much I can offer from that regard. Sent ya a PM with some more info as I didn't wanna derail the thread.

Awesome, I agree that the Live is the way to go on this...  I think that I am going to make a template as well and work on placement then its a 12 or 9 for sure!

Archived