My 98 Hewes Redfisher Tunnel Orvis Edition

waterman7474

Found some old pics and thought I'd share. 

Maybe one Skip or someone can elaborate but I don't think they made very many of these at all, like a handful at best I think.  I bought it in Clear Lake Houston in 99 and got a smokin' deal because I guess the guy before me bought it then never picked it up from the dealership when it was delivered but since it got titled (somehow), they had to punt it as used and it was such a specific boat (and before internet searches were really a thing) they sat on it for a while and made me a hell of a deal to get rid of it. 

It was a super nice color and had these green snap in carpets with the Orvis logo embroidered on them and a green seat pad.  It was seriously sexy.  It was NOT slow with that 130 and WOT and the motor up, it would run scary skinny over a sand flat....like I burned some gelcoat off the low points on each side of the tunnel on a high speed pass over a sand flat in way west bay once. 

So there was a problem with where the tunnel curve met the stern plate and cracked from drain plug to plug around the curve.  Skip and the guys had a few quick conversations and said "yep...what do you want to do?" 

"I would like a new boat"

"Sure, the non tunnel"

"how about the new 1810v just out"

"sounds good"

Then they sent someone out all the way to houston, picked the boat up, dragged it back to FL, pulled all my rigging off that one and put it on the new one and drove it back out, on their dime.  Took less than 2 months if memory serves. 

Customer for life.

Just picked up the 2300dv re-rehab on an earlier post.

hewes orvis 1.jpg

hewes orvis 2.jpg

hewes orvis 3.jpg

hewes orvis 4.jpg

• 7 months later...