Pathfinder 2200 Tournament Control Cable Length

HarleyG8r

• 4 months later...

Almost certain that your boat would use the same length cables. The hardest part was pulling them from the console to the transom using a pull string, after I did mine I saw a tip to use these to couple the old ones to the new, to  use the old ones to pull the new ones through:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00L1L65HY?ref_=pe_2640190_261118450_302_E_DDE_dt_1

I did a different boat shortly thereafter this way. Wrapped the coupling in masking tape and rubbed a little dish soap on it to help pull it through. Was easy as pie.

I replaced my rigging tube at the same time, so disconnected everything on the motor side; would probably be much harder to pull the end of the control cable through the tube with it still connected at the motor.

Good luck!

• 4 weeks later...

I've run a bunch of cables and wiring on my boats... relocating cranking batteries to the console, pulling trolling motor wiring, new transducer, etc.

I've been using cable pulling lube, which you can get at Lowe's or Home Depot in the electrical department.  It's very slick, and wax based, so unlike soap it gives you a tiny bit more waterproofing.  It's about $7 a bottle, which is enough to do a thousand pulls.  :)
Dan

klein-tools-electrical-grease-lubricants

• 4 years later...