Just ordered 2019 22 TRS HT 250 Sho best prop

Well, I have a little info for the 24 TRS owners. This past weekend, a friend wasn't feeling too well, but had been wanting to try my prop. He was maxing out about 5400 rpms and about 53 or 54 mph. His 2016 has a F300 Yamaha, a hard top, a 112V Ulterra, 5 batteries, and the deluxe leaning post/tackle cabinet. He left the marina, and left me his keys. Always one to enjoy tinkering with props, I pulled his Yamaha 4 blade, 15" dia X 21" pitch prop off, and popped my Merc Bravo 1 FS, 20" on, and took it for a spin. Here is a photo of the results. 5700 rpms and 56 mph. Certainly better than the Yamaha prop, imho.

untitled.png

It handled great.  I spun it around pretty tight, and it never broke loose.  His boat is as heavy as a 24 comes with a hard top, 5 batteries, a 10 power pole, and that big old tackle cabinet/leaning post.  At 5700 rpm WOT, I felt like a 19” would be perfect for him.  The only problem is the 20 pitch is the smallest they make.  It was superior, in my opinion, to his Yamaha prop in every way.

Lee Williams your dealer is going to put a Powertech prop on it, unless you ask for a different prop, you would then pay the difference in price. The difference between a Powertech OFX19 4 blade compared to a Merc Bravo 1FS 20 or 19 pitch is about $ 200.00. Same goes for a Yamaha SWS prop. If you're looking for overall speed, it's hard to top the Merc Bravo props. I would also call Powertech and ask for Marcus, he should have all kinds of performance data on 2200 TRS equipped like yours running a Powertech prop. I have a Powertech OFX19 4 blade on my 2400 TRS, hard top and a 250 SHO and at WOT I turn 5700 and 50.5 mph. I'm happy with the performance and ended my search for a better performing prop.

Archived