A chilly predawn ride

JEM

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I love it when a plan comes together, did you fish SC or GA.?  my son lives in Atlanta & I live in NC we usually go to fla.but won't be able to this year would like some info on where to go in 1st part of March for spec's for a week, I would appreciate it if you can help me out .

thanks

Top Shelf 2

I ran south from Savannah and fished around St. Catherines Island, what I consider my home waters, that day.

I am probably the wrong person to be talking about March fishing! I am a CPA and from now till April 15, the only fishing I will be doing is in my dreams! LOL I have never fished for specs, or anything else for that matter in February, March, or April, so regrettably, I am no help. May is known as roe trout month around the Georgia coast, so that is usually when we start testing the waters.

If I was traveling from out of state to fish in Georgia in March, I would go as far south as possible, like the St. Simons area and around Cumberland Island. I have always heard good things about Christmas Creek down at Cumberland Island. Maybe someone else can chime in with some sage advice. Good luck!

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 3:10 PM, JEM said:

Was worth it. Fished solo this morning and kept 15 trout and 1 red.  I’m still trying to thaw my fingers out!

D6E99EF5-6310-4DA6-B995-9189F37803C0.jpeg

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 11:42 AM, JEM said:

I ran south from Savannah and fished around St. Catherines Island, what I consider my home waters, that day.

I am probably the wrong person to be talking about March fishing! I am a CPA and from now till April 15, the only fishing I will be doing is in my dreams! LOL I have never fished for specs, or anything else for that matter in February, March, or April, so regrettably, I am no help. May is known as roe trout month around the Georgia coast, so that is usually when we start testing the waters.

If I was traveling from out of state to fish in Georgia in March, I would go as far south as possible, like the St. Simons area and around Cumberland Island. I have always heard good things about Christmas Creek down at Cumberland Island. Maybe someone else can chime in with some sage advice. Good luck!

The sight of those trout got the best of me , we booked a cabin for the 1st week in march in harris neck , I hope the weather warms up some by then may be we'll get lucky and find some you missed thanks again

22 hours ago, topshelf 2 said:

Any info on the Harris neck area would be deeply appreciated I will be there the 1st week in March with my son looking for some trout & or reds I'm bringing my 2000v P/F she has all the goodies TM ,PP, JP  thanks in advance

Fish McQueen's Inlet on the front side of St.Catherine's Island, if you can. You will probably have to follow another boat into the inlet, since it is very shallow unless you know where the ever-shifting channel is. The trout will be moving to the mouths of the larger rivers and the inside of the sound (Sapelo or St. Cat's). Find clear water (that's a relative term around here) and nice oysters and you should be good. Don't fish the middle of each tide, as the water will be moving too fast.

Archived