Annual weekend camping trip with a buddy this weekend. Usually camp out front. Is it just a free for all with the shut down or are the rangers still reserving spots as usual? 

Taking the Pathfinder. Past trips we took my HB or his Mitzi. Ought to be interesting. 

Any tips on current fishing appreciated. No secret spots wanted...just front vs back, points or flats, edges, etc. 

Its a free for all .

No permits .

We were there two weeks ago .

Not sure where you are planning on staying , but that gale that blew through at Christmas really altered the islands a bit .

The island we have been using had to of been atleast three feet underwater .

There was several inches of sedament on the island that smelled of sewer .

The deep pocket , where we would anchor up , was completely filled in with mud .

One more note ...

This weekend is a full moon with a neg 1.3 tide and a cold front maybe approaching .

Sounds like a good time .

Wish I was going .

Hope this helps .

🇺🇸☠️

Stopped by the check in. There’s a box with sign up forms. 

Outlaw—based on some pics you’ve posted recently I think we stay at the same island. And yes it was weird like it was under water for a while. Just came in early as we didn’t wanna deal with the rain and cold. Totally crushed it Friday and Saturday. Must have caught close to 100 trout over the 2 days with just me and a buddy. Cast after cast back to back. Caught a dozen or two small rat reds with beautiful blue tails.my buddy got 1 super nice red. A handful of baby snook. They were chewing in anticipation of the front. 

Archived