HPDI stutter at 3500 rpm

linesider 159

That was mine.  After they redid everything I had done and had already checked they thought they found the problem when they found a small hole in the tuner.After I did a test run with them and the new tuner was in, the problem was still there.  They finally traced it to a weak battery cable.  I took the boat home, replaced the cable, and all is good now.  If you want I can tell you the list of things I and the shop did trying to figure out the issue.

I was not taking any chances and replace both cables from the battery to the motor including the battery switch.

Sounds like the same thing that was happening to me.  I did the TPS, all filters (including the injector filters and ones inside the hp pump) had maybe 10 hours on them when it started, injectors were just flow tested/cleaned, coils checked, new plugs, fuel pumps tested, new battery....

4 hours ago, linesider 159 said:

I seem to remember a thread here where someone had an hpdi with a slight hesitation around 3500 rpm. All other rpms were fine but back off to 3500 and it would kick for a second and come right back. Already did fuel system and micro filters. 

Having the same problem last three times out. Anything over 4400 rpm quick blip and back to normal then repeats itself till I back off to 4300 or lower then no problems. Have not looked into anything yet.

Archived