All Carbon Infused Pathfinder 2300HPS

slyshon

1 hour ago, mulligan said:

Geez Skip, you are worse than a season finale cliffhanger! 

It looks to be fairly calm but how was the ride compared to the standard 23? Or is that next season too.:D

16 hours ago, slyshon said:

She lives! She's light, fast and drafts very little!  We have a bit more work to do yey and will be posting numbers very soon, stay tuned.

Skip

_63A6927-X3.jpg

_63A6930-M.jpg

_63A6962-X3.jpg

As strange as it seems as you lighten the entire hull without changing the rest of the boat you are moving the  center of gravity to the rear. This will cause the back to squat and the bow to rise.  It all deals with displacement.  You can see the effects of weight distribution easily on small skiffs as you walk from the stern to the bow. We are finally seeing some answers to my questions earlier in this post. Not a bad thing just the result of displacement and center of  gravity. 

7 hours ago, redzone1 said:

isnt that what a standard 23 hps with no ttop tops out at with an f300? 

I would think so here is an old post with a 300 and a t-top 65MPH.

(Those are some great numbers on your setup.  I ran a Yamaha SWS 15x22 with the jack plate all the way up, trimmed to 80% and achieved 65 mph at 5600 rpm's going with the wind.  Here is a short video.)

https://youtu.be/ZnxWCEYtvJ8

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/10/2019 at 4:16 PM, slyshon said:

She lives! She's light, fast and drafts very little!  We have a bit more work to do yey and will be posting numbers very soon, stay tuned.

Skip

Any updates?  Any sonic booms when Rick got behind the wheel?

On 1/16/2019 at 9:45 PM, localangler said:

Well? Enough suspense, we want reports, pics, videos, something to feed the masses!

X2

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/28/2019 at 1:23 PM, redzone1 said:

Skip,

Did you guys go through the proper steps of breaking this f300 in before seeing what she would do for your top end speed testing?  I’m just curious if the warranty has been compromised if the break in procedure wasn’t followed in full.

Yes, engine was broken in by the book.  We never installed the hardtop but have it at the plant if the buyer needs one.

Skip

On 3/29/2019 at 9:23 PM, BradM said:

Bryan, what did it end up running for top speed? What prop is currently on it? How is your 26 running with the Nizpro?

We've been so busy I can't even get an oil change.  I just ordered new Simrad units so when they come in I'm scheduling a "me" day.  The plan is next week or the following.  We are going to do some video in the next couple of days how it runs now so it will be an apples to apples comparison.  

• 3 weeks later...