pondfisher

Tampa Bay gags on fire

Water temp drop in the bay has turned the gag bite on. Drop a big pinfish or grass grunt down at your favorite inshore reef and hold on!

(Why this forum inserts pics turned to a different direction than original is a mystery to me - just sayin’)

pf

B3ECBD3B-BB02-491A-8534-A961CA5CBA0B.thumb.jpeg.3836eefddea5d3d25fa085518cb7b3bf.jpeg

73641ACF-DB81-417F-A2C9-2BACCD920EE6.jpeg

• Like 3

Wish it would lay down a little to get offshore. Between inshore trips on the good weather days and the wind I have yet to do the shallow water grouper thing this fall.

Nice gags there for sure!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Capt. Troy said:

Wish it would lay down a little to get offshore. Between inshore trips on the good weather days and the wind I have yet to do the shallow water grouper thing this fall.

Nice gags there for sure!

It was super rough out there Troy. We took big swells over the stern and bow all day long - not the kind of fishing everyone would want to deal with. And 15-20 on the wind. Just brutal.  I need a MA 21 bad! 😉

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 8:01 PM, pondfisher said:

Drop a big pinfish or grass grunt down at your favorite inshore reef and hold on!

If it was only that easy.

Nice meat in the box.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mulligan said:

If it was only that easy.

Nice meat in the box.

Thanks Rick. Admittedly, it's not that easy. Getting the bait is a given... finding the right reef or piling can be challenging.  Me and John Guiseppi (skiffin16) have been at it for years so we've developed a pretty good game.