2006 22TE Vs. 2008 22TE trailer size

Waterman18

Want to buy new trailer for my 2008 22Te. I previously has a 2006 TE and am thinking about buying the same model  continental trailer that I bought for that one. The reason for the question is that 2008 has the recessed trim tabs , so the trailer has to stop 14" before the transom. Should there be  any issues?

You can slide the bow stand up on the tongue some ( probably 6 to 8 inches ) and add some extra support to the rear. I have the 2200XL version and ran into the same issue....it was either extend the two rear bunks or slide bow stand up....sliding the boat forward didn’t change the trailer tongue weight but only a few pounds because all the boat weight was directly over the two axles. 

Is your trailer single or dual axles ?

I would go Ameritrail, but budget won't allow it. Can get a great price on Continental through a buddy. $1500 cheaper. Last one I had was great. 

My question was whether there is any difference between the 2 hulls and related to fitting on a trailer because of the recessed tabs.  

24 minutes ago, mulligan said:

I have a different boat but have a Continental and recessed tabs. The bunks on mine go all the way to the transom and the tabs sit over the outside bunks without an issue.  You just have to remember to bring the tabs up when you pull it on the trailer.

I have the auto retract feature on my tabs for this very reason.  I don't want to forget when pulling out my boat.  Works well for me. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have an 07 te and a Continental. The bunks go all the way to the transom and the way the recessed tabs are mounted it’s not a huge deal that you forget them being down and inch or two (which I seem to do everytime I go snook fishing at night). The tabs are mount at a 90 degree angle to the bottom of the hull unlike the standard style.

Archived