Starboard trim tab not working

dcathey

I’ve got an 06 2200 te and my last trip out my starboard tab quit working but port side is fine. I chalked it up to a bad actuator or fuse. I’ve checked all fuses on block, traces wire, inspected all connections, changed switch and only thing I can come up with is maybe the wire had gone bad. Is that even a thing? Switch is fine, I hooked actuator up to it directly. Are there any other connections or fuses at back of boat? I cut the old butt connectors out and tried that but it didn’t work. I’m tempted to pull 2 new wires unless you guys have some input on my next step

If your connections are good reverse the wires at switch L to R. You will at least know  you have power going to it. If it doesn't work my guess would be to be the actuator. You can always test it on another power source. I have had them go bad and make noise but not move and also go bad and never make a noise.

Well I checked all the grounds just to be sure and that wasn’t it. I cut the red and blue wires in the console and made jumpers to the actuators and it works. I’ve got something wrong down in the bilge so I’m going to pull new wires to get it back going. I’m guessing wire is corroded somewhere and I’m not tearing it all apart to find it

I have an 04  2200te and  had to pull new wires this past year on the actuator. 

If you swapped the wires at the switch and it worked then the switch is bad.

If you swapped the wires at the switch and it made no difference then the wire or actuator is bad . From here put a direct 12 v to the actuator in the bilge. If it works you have a bad wire.

At the age of our boats we are probably due for running  all new wire but cheaper and easier to patch as we fish.

Archived