Sign in to follow this  
FLboy159

1971 Hewes Bonefisher Restoration

Wow! That is a labor of love! I believe that is the first or second year of that style of boat. They started with the Marlin, Tarpon and sailfish and took a couple of strakes out and surprise, you get what you have there! Keep us posted on the progress.

@MuddyBottomBluz   Do you happen to know anything about my boat? It is a 1998 Cobia 154 Flats boat. 15'4 feet with 60 hp yamaha and polling platform out of the factory? I have not seen anyone with it and also no one has commented to my post about knowing anything or even having any other pictures of it.

boat.png

Unfortunately, no. The history of Cobia boats is that Yamaha bought the company and then sold the line to MBC at the time, in the 2000's, I want to say after or during the recession. MBC, now MBG dropped alotta of the Cobia lines because they obviously already had a series of flats boats and they did have the capacity to ,manufacuter every line Cobia offered. The only information that MBG would have on the Cobia line are for the ones they manufacture(d) after taking the line over.