New locks for rod lockers? or new keys?

SWFL21

Hey folks. 

Been putting the pieces together for my new-to-me 21' MA. I love the rod locker storage, but unfortunately the seller didnt have the keys... 

It looks like the locks may be a bit corroded, but ive got them soaking in penetrating oil in hopes that they might be able to get re-keyed. 

Who has done this? With any success?

Where would be the go-to for new locks/latches in general?

Thanks!! 

On 10/28/2018 at 8:20 PM, SWFL21 said:

Hey folks. 

Been putting the pieces together for my new-to-me 21' MA. I love the rod locker storage, but unfortunately the seller didnt have the keys... 

It looks like the locks may be a bit corroded, but ive got them soaking in penetrating oil in hopes that they might be able to get re-keyed. 

Who has done this? With any success?

Where would be the go-to for new locks/latches in general?

Thanks!! 

I have dual rod lockers and replaced the lock cylinders couple years back. Only place I could find just the cylinders was ugly fish inc. They sell just keys too if you need them. Mine were Southco Vise action E 3. Link to keys if you need them http://www.uglyfishinc.com/southco-mobella-orcas-boat-and-yacht-keys-s/1830.htm

On 10/29/2018 at 12:08 AM, Inshore1 said:

I just replaced the locking latches on my 21 MA.  Check out gemlux latches and will be a lot cheaper than rekeying/messing with old locks.  Good luck

I didnt think Gemlux stuff would be that "cheap" 
Definitely on the list for add ons down the road... Thanks

Archived