FLAggie

Cowling Restoration/Re Paint

Have a Yamaha 150 Saltwater Series II Cowling would like to refinish.  Can anyone recommend someone in the Tampa/Sarasota/Jacksonville Area.

I have a guy that I use in South Florida he’s a fireman who owns this company and he is a true professional.  I had fantastic results with my F1 50 cowling .I’ll submit pics  if you want. 

He took my 2007 Cowling and repainted it the.  Dress stayed up  with all the updated decals it looks awesome !

20 minutes ago, tarpon41 said:

I have a guy that I use in South Florida he’s a fireman who owns this company and he is a true professional.  I had fantastic results with my F1 50 cowling .I’ll submit pics  if you want. 

He took my 2007 Cowling and repainted it the.  Dress stayed up  with all the updated decals it looks awesome !

Just curious, is he in Hileah, FL? Miguel?  If you have someone would definitely like to connect with him.

Thanks

Joe

I took mine to a Local auto body shop and had it painted then put my sticker on myself. Lasted 8 years so far and looking good.

I reached out to Miguel, but need to see how much shipping would be from Gainesville, FL.  Miguel suggested getting quotes from  a freight company, might be cheaper alternative than Fed EX or  UPS? Did you have your cowling shipped to Miguel?  if so what freight company/shipping did you use?  Cost?

Thanks

4 hours ago, FLAggie said:

I reached out to Miguel, but need to see how much shipping would be from Gainesville, FL.  Miguel suggested getting quotes from  a freight company, might be cheaper alternative than Fed EX or  UPS? Did you have your cowling shipped to Miguel?  if so what freight company/shipping did you use?  Cost?

Thanks

This might not be relevant, but I used Yelliw Freight to ship a whole Yamaha 225 SHO motor (app. 550 lbs, as I remember it) from Houston, Tx to Savannah, Ga, and it only cost me about $170 in January, 2017.  That was one way, of course.  You might call Yellow Freight with the weight and dimensions and get a quote.

22 hours ago, lurem said:

I took mine to a Local auto body shop and had it painted then put my sticker on myself. Lasted 8 years so far and looking good.

How much did the auto body shop charge you and did they take the decals off?