Sign in to follow this  
Fishtails

SWF Owners Tournament ?

Wonder why there's not an owners tournament in Southwest Florida.?. The "Spring Get Togather" scheduled for this coming Saturday on the 26th might prove to be a good time to discuss this. There will certainly be a lot of ears present at the lunch.

We agree and plan to use the "Spring Get Together" to further gauge interest, consider Tarpon Lodge as a potential location and discuss a later date that would work for everyone. I'll see you there.

Charlie

Would this replace the one in the keys or would they would rotate them like they did for a few times in the mid 90's? We should keep the one in the keys and have one this time of the year also in Pine Island. But I do know how much work MBC has to do to put one together. We have not missed a OT since 1992 and look forward to them every year.

Kim and I had a great time at the Hewes OT in Captiva many many years ago. Memories are fading but seem to remember a purple Hewes with a 4 stroke and Otters stealing bait from our livewell.

I think a SWF OT would see many Owners from the East heading over.

Charlie committed to a spring tournament sometime in March or April. Now he just has to figure out the logistics and rooms for this event. I'm looking forward to it.

I have never fished and owners tournament and I'm curious how it is set up, or what the format is. I have only fished local b*** tournaments and that was years ago.

Casual and fun. Not many rules. There will be a list of species that earn points on the honor system - these points are exchanged for raffle tickets. The more points you earn, the more raffle tickets you receive. At the end of the event, prizes are distributed based on the raffle ticket system. It is a great time.

We would do our best to make it to a SW OT as well! Count us in for next year or the first event.

Sorry for the silence. I have looked into a few options and want to put it out to you all to see what you'd prefer. We can do a place like South Seas Plantation on Captiva ( not cheap to stay or for food and pretty much requires at least two nights because of location) or a simpler event out of someplace like Tarpon Lodge on Bokeelia (fewer rooms but more convenient for most). If any of you have any other suggestions, I'm all ears.

Considering we're already in January, it probably makes most sense to shoot for early May.

South Seas is pretty pricey. My parents live on Sanibel and know the area well, I will touch base with them and see if they know of any good places to hold this in SWFL

Bokeelia sounds good, but then how much would South Seas be?MBC had some Hewes OTs there in the mid 90's and the boat docking was very good. South Seas was able to fit everyone in. Tween Waters also had a Hewes OT but the docking was awful.