16" screen on 2200TE center console?

cmorales

7 hours ago, Miss Jazzy said:

Nope, not even close to fitting. I have a HDS 12. I bought the large Ram Mount and mounted it on top of the console. Works great. I like that it sits up high so I don’t  have to look down to see it while running. 

25B5083C-7F92-48B9-B741-BD1940FF046A.jpeg

Where'd you get that blank panel from? I could do something like that, and then attach a mount like this to position it part on: https://www.amazon.com/PROcise-Outdoors-Electronics-Fishfinder-Mounting/dp/B0164H9GYI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1540299629&sr=8-2&keywords=PROcise%2BOutdoors&th=1

7 hours ago, cmorales said:

Well, wish me luck, cause I am gonna try to fit a 16" unit xD

Found an interesting mount, and the starboard is supposed to arrive today. 

If all goes well, I'll post photos. If not, I will hide in shame.

Please do keep us posted. I flush mounted my Lowrance HDS 7 on my 2007 2200XL. It fit but took almost all the space available top to bottom. I would love to flush mount an HDS 9 but I am not 100% sure if it will fit. HDS 9 would be tight, can’t even imagine getting a 16” in there. 

It wont be flush mounted -- not even close to working.

Instead, I found an interesting dash mount to use: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0164H9GYI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My original goal was to use this mount to create a small 'shelf' upon which to install the gimbal bracket onto, somewhere in the middle of the console. But, the same mount can also be flipped, and placed on top of the console, allowing the gimbal mount to hold the unit a bit more horizontal.

After trying both styles, I was surprised to like the top-mount more.

Unfortunately, the rain cut me short, so I will have to finish tomorrow (I will provide photos at that time).

All I got to today was covering up the old holes with a piece of 1/4" black starboard from boat outfitters. Photo below before I mounted it.

45685614691_b39599f464_h.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HoneyB said:

Wow u got it on there for sure. Looks a bit oversized but hey it’s a nice picture. 

haha... yeah.. she is a big girl. The only reason I bit is because Defender.com was running such an insane sale on them. I had two 7" units already on order and one had been delivered, but I changed my mind and went for it. For $2500, it's a great value (https://www.defender.com/LowranceHDS_Carbon16.jsp)

When I'm running, it's way more screen than I need, but it will be really nice when I am fishing off the back of the boat trying to spot fish.

Ok for those that want a 16" display here is the answer.  Modify the console. The grab rail is the standard height for a 22 TE. I prefer to run 2 displays for redundancy.  Rough measurements should allow a NSS7  and  humminbird solix 10 side by side. The NSS7 will be soon and then back to building up the mad money for the Solix 10.

20181104_182549.jpg

20181104_182600.jpg

20181104_182716.jpg