Coltonlg

1974 Hewes Marlin

Hey guys, new to the form here, but I recently aquired a Hewe's boat, according to the title it says it's a 21 Marlin. I haven't been able to find any information on this boat or any similar other than another post on here about a 1969 Tarpon. Hopefully someone can give me some insight on this vessel. Only have one pic, will take more when I go back to the shop.

Snapchat-961040273.jpg

20181024_132731.jpg

20150607_161708.thumb.jpg.32f63823259ac3f369b8406cbbcc2d49.jpgI have a 1978 Hewes Marlin. Have found very little about this boat. But i think it is going to make a great project. Here are a few pics.

20150607_161743.jpg

Hey NavYak, 

Thanks for the pics! I've seen your boat on other forms. I still haven't found any information, and I even contacted hewes and have personal connections to the family. It's like these boats never existed! I've started tearing everything down and getting ready to overhaul the topside and deck. Would you happen to have any other pictures of the cabin, inside and out? The previous owner cut the top off and I'm looking for a good example of how to rebuild if I choose to.

20190206_182926.jpg

20190206_182905.jpg

20190207_181700.jpg

I don't have any other pictures right now. I have been busy doing contract work away from my home area. We recently have moved to Pensacola Florida and just got the boat here. It is covered right now but i should be able to start work on it soon. I have to redu the transom and update the boat. As soon as i get a chance i will take a few more pics of the bow to show you. I would like to see how you progress also. I am contemplating doing a full renovation of the boat.