Sign in to follow this  
Lowcountry Joe

Power Washing

On 10/22/2018 at 7:36 AM, Lowcountry Joe said:

Does power washing your boat remove the wax ?

Think you meant for this to be in the general forum.

I just purchased a pressure washer to help with the cleanup of my boat. I don’t know but I would think it would remove wax. Love to hear some responses. 

Not sure what you want to pressure wash but I have a little Ryobi electric pressure washer that I use regularly on the hull and cockpit. Works great and doesn't hurt anything.

29 minutes ago, Headhunter said:

Not sure what you want to pressure wash but I have a little Ryobi electric pressure washer that I use regularly on the hull and cockpit. Works great and doesn't hurt anything.

I too use a lil Ryobi and love the Lil thing (low profile one so it doesn’t tip over like all the tell electric ones) Cleans well but doesn’t do any damage but I would think that process does remove wax.

Use mine mostly on topside for nooks and crevices  which I don’t “wax” but once a year. Only really use wash n wax on top otherwise. Also works well for removing the Lil white barnacles you get from a few days in water, of course you’d wanna wax after that anyways 

Yes works great on the non-skids surfaces of the Decks and Gunnels. Tryed on the hull on water line tannin stains but it didn’ t work that well. Tryed a old trick using Liquid “ Iron Out”. Have heard that Mary and Kate’s On and Off also  does a good job also. Now I assume I do need to wax but it looks great for a 15 year old boat. What is the recommended wax?

Been doing Zaino for years. Just switched to Top Coat. Once you get it clean awesome particularly on dark colors. Works on the non skid deck as long as you wear shoes. Easy to use too but even more pricey than zaino.