Ameritrail Trailer prices

Waterman18

I have owned a Sport trail, Magic tilt, Rolls and Amera-trail. ROLLS all day long! All of the other were and are good but the Rolls is built heavy duty and every part is top of the line. The one thing I really like was how low the rear bunks sat lowering center of gravity and less trailer needed to be in the water.

I may be selling my Amera- trail soon if anyone is interested let me know. It is only three years old.

762.jpg

750.jpg

737.jpg

On 10/10/2018 at 9:40 AM, Waterman18 said:

Thinking of buying a new trailer for 22 TE and wondering about the price of an Ameritrail. Currently have a Real-X that's made in Miami. 

Check with Continental .....Bob at Inshoremarine is a dealer....they make a very nice upgraded one all aluminum, etc. not cheap $$ but, nice...

I decided to just replace my axle vs new trailer.....for about $1100....

dc

Bernie, I just asked for a quote on a welded Magictilt here in Wilmington.  I've seen one for a 24 and looks great.   I'll let you know.  I'm about to move on from my 2005 ameratrail.  Put new tires, lights, axle, jack stand etc last year but wanting something new for a lot more trailering next year.

On 10/19/2018 at 7:50 AM, Bloch776 said:

I got a quote from sport trail for 6300 and I wanna say ameritrail pro package was 5300. I’ll see if I can find exact numbers. I ended up getting a Continental through a friend who is a dealer and I’m not real happy with it. 

I’m thinking of going Continental.....what don’t you like about about it?

I had one previously and it was fine. 

On 10/29/2018 at 12:16 PM, ncdrew said:

Put new tires, lights, axle, jack stand etc last year but wanting something new for a lot more trailering next year.

Sounds new to me ?  What else could you replace ?

I was looking to go new continental from my friend Bob, but, I did not have the funds, so I upgraded my axle and added some centering bunks for a total of $1200, one year later, not a problem.  I have a 1995 EZloader and she now fits the MA17 perfectly.

DC

I'm not saying that Ameritrail doesn't make a good trailer, but they have some faults. The marine plywood covered with carpet on the inside of the fenders is stupid. The wood and carpet hold salt water that drips down on the axles and brakes for hours after every dunking. Also, treated wood and aluminum don't mix. The treated wood reacts with the aluminum and pits the aluminum. I had large holes in my fenders where the treated wood and fenders were bolted together. I replaced the treated wood and carped with Starboard.

When I bought my trailer in 2013, there was no option to isolate dissimilar metals or isolate treated wood from aluminum. I had to dissemble every connection where aluminum contacted treated wood (bunks) or galvanized metal and add rubber pads to isolate aluminum.

There are trailer manufacturers that offer " isolation of dissimilar metals and treated wood". 

One option that I requested was a swing away tongue. There are specific ways to mount the winch and bumper stand regarding a swing tongue that that does not put unnecessary strain and torque on the hinge.  Ameritrail mounted both stands in front of the hinge, which is wrong. Had to re-engineer that and move it myself. 

They make a good trailer, but for the money, I would not expect to have to work on or re-engineer a 1 year old trailer. 

• Like 2

I found some 3/8" black starboard. You will probably have to find a local Starboard supplier.  Put the Starboard up against the finder and traced the outline of the fender on the starboard. Cut the radius with a jig-saw and used a router to route the top edge. Bolted the starboard to the fender with five SS screws and lock nuts. I used a counter sink to recess the screw heads into the starboard.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, SCFD rtrd. said:

I found some 3/8" black starboard. You will probably have to find a local Starboard supplier.  Put the Starboard up against the finder and traced the outline of the fender on the starboard. Cut the radius with a jig-saw and used a router to route the top edge. Bolted the starboard to the fender with five SS screws and lock nuts. I used a counter sink to recess the screw heads into the starboard.  

Thanks! I think I’ll go that route this time. 

I have had the same experience minus the swing tongue. I have replaced the fenders and replaced the wood with starboard. I have replaced the brakes with Kodak ALL stainless including pads, rotors,  calipers and brackets. The hubs and lug nuts are now stainless. I replaced the bunks, removed the carpet and used Caliper Bunk Wrap. I used squares of the left over Bunk Wrap to isolate the treated wood from the aluminum which was pitting. I replaced the guide poles with aluminum ones. This trailer is now six years old. The lights stills work and look good.True Ameritrail could have avoided some of the things I have had to replace, but the brakes alone would have added $2000.00 to the price. I agree that putting the winch and bump stand ahead of the swing was stupid. Every Trailer I Have Owned Rots From Salt and I have owned many. Carpeted bunks with the newer EPA safe gelcoats is a bad ideal. The gelcoat WILL bubble. The Bunk Wrap is for Aluminum but is doing a very good job for me. My Ameritrail Cradles my 22 trs boat like a mom holding her baby. I pull with a Dodge Dully  Diesel  and slow is not my strong point. The trailer has done a great job. My opinion, and we all have one is get as much support under the boat as possible. ( more bunks is better, Ameritrail does this well). Torsion Axles are an absolute Must. Wear out what ever wears out and then replace those parts with the best you can afford. Get rid of ALL carpet. Replace the tires Every Year or Two, And Most important Keep it as clean and salt free as possible. Just my Years of Experience.

• Like 1

On 11/4/2018 at 7:48 AM, Waterman18 said:

I’m thinking of going Continental.....what don’t you like about about it?

I had one previously and it was fine. 

I ordered through a boat builder who will remain unnamed but still a continental dealer but the trailer was setup for my exact boat or so they said. I ordered a dual torsion axle trailer and it showed up with springs. The bunks were too low and the front bow roller was too high. The initial loading and unloading of the boat cause damage to my bow and damaged my trolling motor. Also the fenders would vibrate and rub the side of the hull while driving down the road with the boat on the trailer as perfect and even from left to right as possible. After about 17 phone calls with the GM and eventually owner of continental they agreed to have a dealer adjust the trailer how it should be and fix all the issues with it. The dealer who I’ve used for all trailer parts in the past had it done and fixed at the drop of a hat. He said they installed the complete wrong brackets on the rear bunks and the square tubing for the front brackets weren’t long enough either. Trailer is good now but if I had to do it again I would have gone a different route.