Rejuvenate Sunbrella console cover

FROZEN

I have an older cover for my 2200 PF console that I bought from a forum member two years ago. I also have a new Bimini top from Hertzog that is a year old. The console cover soaks up rain water, and  the Bimini sheds water.

This is what the Sunbrella Website says:

Retreating Sunbrella Fabrics

Sunbrella fabrics are treated with a proprietary water and stain repellent finish that is designed to last for several years, but may require replenishing after a thorough cleaning. Glen Raven® recommends 303® Fabric Guard, available in the United States, and Tex’Aktiv, available internationally.

Anyone have experience with these or any other products to rejuvenate the older sunbrella material? Any types to stay away from?

Thanks in advance for your input!

I'm not sure about how to "rejuvenate" the fabric, however I do waterproof my t-top Sunbrella fabric on a regular basis. I've used both the 303 and the Star-Brite waterproofing with PTEF and I actually like the Star-Brite better. After cleaning and letting dry overnight I brush it on with a HF 3" paint brush, works great and seems to last longer than the 303.

Oh yeah, buy it by the gallon on eBay or the like. 

5 hours ago, DonV said:

I'm not sure about how to "rejuvenate" the fabric, however I do waterproof my t-top Sunbrella fabric on a regular basis. I've used both the 303 and the Star-Brite waterproofing with PTEF and I actually like the Star-Brite better. After cleaning and letting dry overnight I brush it on with a HF 3" paint brush, works great and seems to last longer than the 303.

Like the Star Brite better too. Just do not get any kind of this stuff on anything but the fabric and keep boat wet just in case.

13 hours ago, fin-addict said:

Fin,

Thanks for your input!

Do you have a guess on how much Starbrite I would need for a console/seat cover? It’s about the same square footage as a normal Bimini top. IOW, a gallon way too much?

Also, do you treat both sides, or just the outside?

Thanks again!

Archived