Sign in to follow this  
BCPD199

PowerTech OFX4 22" 4 blade for Yamaha

What hull did you have this one? What kind of numbers were you seeing for wide open...RPM and MPH?

I have the same prop in 20" and it's a little short on my 23 w/ a 250 SHO

When you say "short", do you mean the RPM's were over or under 6,000?  I had it on a Young 20.  I was getting 5,600 and just over 61 mph with this prop.  Your 20 is probably perfect for my setup.

I was turning 5800 rpm at 58 or so. If I trimmed up anymore, it blew out. I'm running a Merc. Bravo 1 FS in 22" now and see 63.4 at 6200 RPM. If you're in or near Jacksonville, you're welcome to try my 20" OFX4

Yeah, if you're 5,800 with a 20" pitch,  mine will drag you down another 400 RPM's.  I'm running a 21" right now and that brought me up 200 RPM's to 5,800.  I might take you up on trying your 20.  That should put me right at 6,000.

2 hours ago, BCPD199 said:

Yeah, if you're 5,800 with a 20" pitch,  mine will drag you down another 400 RPM's.  I'm running a 21" right now and that brought me up 200 RPM's to 5,800.  I might take you up on trying your 20.  That should put me right at 6,000.

Sounds good. Let me know....it's only got 25 hours on it, so it's in good shape.