Patherfinder- 22TE, 22TRS or 23HPS..... difference in ride

C-Los

Kicking the tires on buying a Pathfinder.

Currently have a MA17' and I really like the ride. It does 90% plus of all my fishing needs in Biscayne Bay. But the time for a bigger boat is approaching. Looking for some guidance on the ride differences between these three models (22TE, 22TRS or 23HPS). I understand that length will change the ride. Biscayne Bay is topically choppy  in the afternoon on the run home.  

Any input would be greatly appreciated. 

I went from a 1996 18' Hewes Bayfisher with a Yamaha 115 to a 2007 22' Pathfinder XL with a Yamaha F250 and it was a huge difference in the ride, you can run in the bay in the winter when its blowing 15-20 knots and not get a drop of water on you.  Grew up fishing all over Biscayne Bay as well.  The only thing I missed was push poling the flats.  The pathfinders can get in some skinny water though.  

Night & Day difference between any of the standard 22/24 v hulls and the 23 HPS stepped hull. I've run them all, the 23 stepped hull gets up on top. Not only is it faster, it rides better as well. I would suggest taking a ride on each hull you're considering. Several variables will affect the ride (weather, props, load... and mostly the person driving it). If you're going to a bay boat, I wouldn't consider anything besides the 23 or 25 stepped hull. Just my 2 cents though.

Josh B.

I have not had the pleasure of running a 23 but I’m quite sure the stepped hull has a lot to offer . Still my 2200 TRS is the best boat I have ever owned. Also the longest flowed by a 20 foot whaler and 19 foot pioneer. And several 17 footers crime Edgewater to key west. The 2200 trs is great for the family . I was unsure if the stern seats would be used but trust me people love sitting back there

Archived