Couple of t/m questions

Northfl

Ok folks, i have a couple of questions i need some help with please. 

I have a older, tired minnkota riptide 24 volt  motor. No idea of the thrust and i am getting ready to up grade. I am thinking about going to a motorguide xi5 on a buddies reccomendation that has had both xi5 and rip tide in his pathfinder  i have a 99 18 m/a  questions are

1. Would i be ok running a 24 vt  80 lb thrust or going ti a 36 105 lb?

2. Will the quick release mount i have on my current setup work with the motorguide? The one i have now has the small nhlon block mounted on the boat and the bigfer block on the motor with the push pin “u” that goes into it. 

Thanks for any input and answers

The tm i have is a wireless so maybe it will work. The puck is pretty far forward. i will try and find the mount i have as honeyb suggested. Hopefully it will work cause i really hate to put anymore holes in the deck. I will alsk ask my buddy if his worked when switched ( should have thought about that before). Hanks for the input 

I have a MK 36v 105 lb on a 2200XL Pathfinder....works great even in the strong currents we have here in South Georgia. I had the 24v 80 lb on my 2400v previous to this boat and it was not enough after about 3 hours of use. Keep in mind, we have over a six foot tide change between high and low and often times it's closer to 8 ft. So when the water gets running.... it's really running and will wear a battery system down pretty quick. It's better to have it and not need it....than need it and not have it. JMHO. 

The boat is a 99 , 18’ master angler. here in Jacksonville we also have a pretty good tidal swing thats why i was thinking about the 105#  just not sure if the extra battery weight would be worth it. Also not sure if an extra battery will fit under the console. Need to do some measuring i suppose either way. 

23 hours ago, Northfl said:

Ok folks, i have a couple of questions i need some help with please. 

I have a older, tired minnkota riptide 24 volt  motor. No idea of the thrust and i am getting ready to up grade. I am thinking about going to a motorguide xi5 on a buddies reccomendation that has had both xi5 and rip tide in his pathfinder  i have a 99 18 m/a  questions are

1. Would i be ok running a 24 vt  80 lb thrust or going ti a 36 105 lb?

2. Will the quick release mount i have on my current setup work with the motorguide? The one i have now has the small nhlon block mounted on the boat and the bigfer block on the motor with the push pin “u” that goes into it. 

Thanks for any input and answers

I have a 96 and 24 v does fine for me down the road from you in St. Aug. The quick release mount will work but the block that mounts to the motor not the deck will need some modifications. Mostly just new holes. Ping Praisehim on here for some pics of how he adapted one when he moved from MK to MG on his Hewes. 

3 hours ago, triplec said:

I have a 96 and 24 v does fine for me down the road from you in St. Aug. The quick release mount will work but the block that mounts to the motor not the deck will need some modifications. Mostly just new holes. Ping Praisehim on here for some pics of how he adapted one when he moved from MK to MG on his Hewes. 

Thats what i was lookin for. Didnt really matter either way about the mount i suppose. Was just tryin to keep from drilling any more holes in the deck. I will ping peaisehim in the morning after work. 

3 hours ago, triplec said:

Thats what i was lookin for. Didnt really matter either way about the mount i suppose. Was just tryin to keep from drilling any more holes in the deck. I will ping peaisehim in the morning after work

Archived