Vroom Vroom, 21 Fusion with 250 SHO. UPDATE: 74.6 MPH!

linesider 159

I will say that standing against the leaning post at 74 isn't my preferred seating arrangement! You are dead on with that Lol. We did a run with 2 people and the preferred seating was 1 behind the other, not side by side.

I couldn't believe the boat was actually stable at that speed. I thought it would be all over the place. 

48 minutes ago, linesider 159 said:

I will say that standing against the leaning post at 74 isn't my preferred seating arrangement! You are dead on with that Lol. We did a run with 2 people and the preferred seating was 1 behind the other, not side by side.

I couldn't believe the boat was actually stable at that speed. I thought it would be all over the place. 

Between this post and the Nizpro I know why your in law school. Target rich environment.

Just kidding again and LOL. You will have nothing for me soon. Gonna supercharge my SHO on the Maverick. Gonna have Power Tech build me a OFX 30 pitch 5 blade ported and put cushioned seating in my live well. The heck with my passengers, just don't hurt my bait.:D

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 8:10 PM, Capt. Troy said:

Between this post and the Nizpro I know why your in law school. Target rich environment.

Just kidding again and LOL. You will have nothing for me soon. Gonna supercharge my SHO on the Maverick. Gonna have Power Tech build me a OFX 30 pitch 5 blade ported and put cushioned seating in my live well. The heck with my passengers, just don't hurt my bait.:D

As much as I say you should do it, Ive heard so many horror stories on the nizpros. Had a guy this week with twins blow both of them up by accidentally running pump gas :o

Im sure your charter clients would appreciate running 75 mph spot to spot! lol

• 1 month later...

Dale, I hope to have some time in the next few weeks to crawl under the boat and get my cheese grater nice and flush.  From looking at the half that is not covered by the trailer bunk I plan to go a little different route.  When I get under there I'll be sure to snap some pics.  It would be nice to gain some free MPH:D

52 minutes ago, lurem said:

Linesider159,

Did you cut your trim tabs shorter in length as well as raise them? I looked at Mulligans trim tabs (RF21) and his stick out past the vertical shield/cover whereas yours look to be flush with the back.

Dale remember we raise the trim tabs higher on my RF and you said you did your bay fisher way back in 2004 seen minimal speed gain , remember I even removed mine and wet tested to see if there was a speed gain with out tabs to make sure there wasn’t a drag . If they are low you can’t get the boat out of the water .  The ones under the boat that don’t stick out the back like our 16 RF did are usually good to go if the don’t drop below the bottom of the hull when in the fully up position . 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Sunstone said:

Won't you loose 200 rpm going up in pitch?

2 hours ago, Sunstone said:

Won't you loose 200 rpm going up in pitch?

That’s what should happen going up one pitch in the same model prop your RPM should drop 150 to 200 RPM and it is more than likely your MPH would also drop a hair (1.5 MPH ) . Only problem is when prop testing things don’t always do what they should that’s why they call it black magic . So much can happen between two props one may be spot on it may be the exact pitch that the box says all blades may be exactly the same in both pitch and rake , the balance may be perfect right out of the box and the next prop you may not be so lucky . If you can test the next pitch up without buying it would be worth a test . 

Archived