linesider 159

Vroom Vroom, 21 Fusion with 250 SHO. UPDATE: 74.6 MPH!

I will say that standing against the leaning post at 74 isn't my preferred seating arrangement! You are dead on with that Lol. We did a run with 2 people and the preferred seating was 1 behind the other, not side by side.

I couldn't believe the boat was actually stable at that speed. I thought it would be all over the place. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, linesider 159 said:

I will say that standing against the leaning post at 74 isn't my preferred seating arrangement! You are dead on with that Lol. We did a run with 2 people and the preferred seating was 1 behind the other, not side by side.

I couldn't believe the boat was actually stable at that speed. I thought it would be all over the place. 

Between this post and the Nizpro I know why your in law school. Target rich environment.

Just kidding again and LOL. You will have nothing for me soon. Gonna supercharge my SHO on the Maverick. Gonna have Power Tech build me a OFX 30 pitch 5 blade ported and put cushioned seating in my live well. The heck with my passengers, just don't hurt my bait.:D

• Haha 2

Dang it, now I'm headed out right now to look at my cheese grater......... I don't think my tunnel hull will benefit any from a replacement though. The tunnel KILLS the speed, but d@mn can I get skinny.... and that unique growl from the prop/tunnel combo when trimmed just right is something to be heard!

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 8:10 PM, Capt. Troy said:

Between this post and the Nizpro I know why your in law school. Target rich environment.

Just kidding again and LOL. You will have nothing for me soon. Gonna supercharge my SHO on the Maverick. Gonna have Power Tech build me a OFX 30 pitch 5 blade ported and put cushioned seating in my live well. The heck with my passengers, just don't hurt my bait.:D

As much as I say you should do it, Ive heard so many horror stories on the nizpros. Had a guy this week with twins blow both of them up by accidentally running pump gas :o

Im sure your charter clients would appreciate running 75 mph spot to spot! lol

bumping this to the top, any way we can get a cheese grater thread going? There are quite a few of us interested in this modification.

Dale, I hope to have some time in the next few weeks to crawl under the boat and get my cheese grater nice and flush.  From looking at the half that is not covered by the trailer bunk I plan to go a little different route.  When I get under there I'll be sure to snap some pics.  It would be nice to gain some free MPH:D

7 hours ago, lurem said:

bumping this to the top, any way we can get a cheese grater thread going? There are quite a few of us interested in this modification.

Dale, I started a new thread here:

Maybe Linesider will chime in with their design too.

So as part of the modifications, the trim tabs were raised as high as they could go in the recessed pockets. In addition, the live well grate was made as close to flush as possible. Slip was GREATLY reduced.

20181126_222349.jpg

20181126_222355.jpg

20181126_222405.jpg

20181126_222423.jpg

20181126_222431.jpg

56 minutes ago, J.N said:

I had no idea that hull would run that fast with a 250hp. Is it lighter than the Redfisher?

No idea. Top speed was close to same as redfisher at 68.7 very light. The big speed gap came when we did the grate and trim tabs

Linesider159,

Did you cut your trim tabs shorter in length as well as raise them? I looked at Mulligans trim tabs (RF21) and his stick out past the vertical shield/cover whereas yours look to be flush with the back.

46 minutes ago, lurem said:

Linesider159,

Did you cut your trim tabs shorter in length as well as raise them? I looked at Mulligans trim tabs (RF21) and his stick out past the vertical shield/cover whereas yours look to be flush with the back.

They stick out the back. We did contemplate cutting them as well

52 minutes ago, lurem said:

Linesider159,

Dale remember we raise the trim tabs higher on my RF and you said you did your bay fisher way back in 2004 seen minimal speed gain , remember I even removed mine and wet tested to see if there was a speed gain with out tabs to make sure there wasn’t a drag . If they are low you can’t get the boat out of the water .  The ones under the boat that don’t stick out the back like our 16 RF did are usually good to go if the don’t drop below the bottom of the hull when in the fully up position . 

What we noticed since they are recessed tabs is that they almost act as a continuation of the running surface. By raising them above the bottom it reduced the running surface and allowed the prop to lift the boat more. 

I'm running a 25 Tempest and only getting 60.5mph light on tbe 250hpdi. I wonder if the 26 would pick up more top end? I still have @200 rpms tto play with.

20181218_161546.jpg

39 minutes ago, budman47 said:

I'm running a 25 Tempest and only getting 60.5mph light on tbe 250hpdi. I wonder if the 26 would pick up more top end? I still have @200 rpms tto play with.

20181218_161546.jpg

What rpm?

2 hours ago, Sunstone said:

Won't you loose 200 rpm going up in pitch?

2 hours ago, Sunstone said:

Won't you loose 200 rpm going up in pitch?

That’s what should happen going up one pitch in the same model prop your RPM should drop 150 to 200 RPM and it is more than likely your MPH would also drop a hair (1.5 MPH ) . Only problem is when prop testing things don’t always do what they should that’s why they call it black magic . So much can happen between two props one may be spot on it may be the exact pitch that the box says all blades may be exactly the same in both pitch and rake , the balance may be perfect right out of the box and the next prop you may not be so lucky . If you can test the next pitch up without buying it would be worth a test . 

• Like 1

5600 is perfect for that motor. Right now you are running 21% slip which is awful. 

One thing I completely forgot about is we are running a 10 inch setback instead of the standard 6 inch, so that helps