2400 TRS ride quality

bjgiii

My wife and I are looking to move up in boat size and I wanted to know how the 2400 rides? We recently sold our Sea Hunt bx22 and was wondering how the Pathfinder would compare to that model or something similar. Also, what will this boat run in depth wise? I fish Charlotte Harbor and surrounding areas and there’s plenty of areas in the 2’ range that I like to fish. Any other info on how the boat performs would be great. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Ride quality is such a subjective thing, but I love my 2400.  I also have a Maverick HPXT, and when someone asks why I have two boats, I say it’s like having a Suburban and a Porsche. The 2400 is just like a Suburban - loads of room, tons of storage, and it rides great. We just took a 380 mile trip in ours, from Rockport, Texas to Galveston and back, and that involved 3 big open bay crossings including some pretty sporty conditions. We had another couple with us, a long weekend’s worth of gear, plus fishing tackle and we weren’t close to capacity. 

We have lots of very shallow water around Rockport and I haven’t grounded her - yet. It seems to float and run quite shallow for such a big boat. The draft is reported to be about 15” and that seems accurate to me. If properly trimmed out, I bet it can just about the same. I have the 20” shaft 250 SHO on mine, and with its nosecone water pickup, it really helps to run shallow and not pick up grass. 

Of course you really just need to go for a ride on one!

On 9/29/2018 at 5:38 PM, Bruce J said:

Ride quality is such a subjective thing, but I love my 2400.  I also have a Maverick HPXT, and when someone asks why I have two boats, I say it’s like having a Suburban and a Porsche. The 2400 is just like a Suburban - loads of room, tons of storage, and it rides great. We just took a 380 mile trip in ours, from Rockport, Texas to Galveston and back, and that involved 3 big open bay crossings including some pretty sporty conditions. We had another couple with us, a long weekend’s worth of gear, plus fishing tackle and we weren’t close to capacity. 

We have lots of very shallow water around Rockport and I haven’t grounded her - yet. It seems to float and run quite shallow for such a big boat. The draft is reported to be about 15” and that seems accurate to me. If properly trimmed out, I bet it can just about the same. I have the 20” shaft 250 SHO on mine, and with its nosecone water pickup, it really helps to run shallow and not pick up grass. 

Of course you really just need to go for a ride on one!

That sounds like a fun trip! Did you spend the night in Galveston?

Ryan, on the first day we stayed in Matagorda. Then two nights in Galveston and we stayed at the Harbor House hotel. They have a few wet slips available. Then we did the return home all in one day, about 180 miles. It took us about 6 hours with a refueling stop in Matagorda. We had a great time, and were really lucky with the weather. 

I have owned both the 22' and 24' Pathfinders and its a HUGE difference.  The 2400 is a beast and floats just as shallow. No problem in 2' depths.  Get a 4-blade prop with SHO and you will be impressed with the power/torque. I really miss the boat. Go offshore on good days and inshore as shallow as you want to be, 24' does it all. Also, this forum is a wealth of info, lots of good people to help. Good luck!   

Archived