Suggestions on Prop - 2016 PF 2200 TRS with Yamaha 200hp 4 stroke

BillAV8R1

Interested in this topic...

Same setup as your pic except 2017 with T Top. Purchased with Yamaha reliance series 3 blade 18-M 14 1/4. Basically awesome for my normal fishing use at the coast. Super fast. Like 53+. 

However at the lake with family pulling a towable or wakeboard want better hole shot, more plane at mid range and better grip in turns, etc. Recognize hull not designed for this...doing the best we can to make a family use boat.  Don’t want a Mastercraft. ha

Power Tech aka Marcus is recommending we try the OFX4-17. Will do that in next couple of weeks. 

1 hour ago, Moss said:

Interested in this topic...

Same setup as your pic except 2017 with T Top. Purchased with Yamaha reliance series 3 blade 18-M 14 1/4. Basically awesome for my normal fishing use at the coast. Super fast. Like 53+. 

However at the lake with family pulling a towable or wakeboard want better hole shot, more plane at mid range and better grip in turns, etc. Recognize hull not designed for this...doing the best we can to make a family use boat.  Don’t want a Mastercraft. ha

Power Tech aka Marcus is recommending we try the OFX4-17. Will do that in next couple of weeks. 

I am running a OFX4-16 Power Tech on my F150 powered 2200XL.  Great hole shot as compared to my Yamaha 19" 3 blade.

the 3 blade is a tad faster....but it has a horrible hole shot. 

The 4 blade will turn 5900 rpms and about 44 mph....no jackplate

• 11 months later...

I have just purchased a 2019 2200 TRS with T-top and 200 HP Yamaha. My 200 is the 2.7L in-line 4 cylinder (not SHO). It came with a 19M 13-3/4 prop Yamaha Reliance prop.  I’m still putting break-in hours on the motor in a fresh water lake...so I haven’t pushed it real hard.  However, last time I was out I did open it up for a minute and was surprised that I could not  get much beyond 4800 RMP and 40mph.  I had about half a tank of fuel, my wife, and 3 kids on the boat.  If I’m not a speed demon and value you a nice balance  between hole shot and top end speed should I switch to different prop or run this one that came with the motor?