Never Forget

Big Dave

On the anniversary of the terrorist attack there are so many stories of true heroes who responded. Here’s one about the Captains of private boats, ferries, commercial Fishing vessels, and others who answered the USCG call for “all available boats” to help people evacuate lower Manhattan. God bless them and God bless America.

2 hours ago, tarpon41 said:

As a fireman and a boater, I greatly appreciate this view of 9/11, for I never knew what our brothers did on the waterways for our fellow Americans that day! 

Thanks again for sharing this.

For I will never forget 🇺🇸

Yes thank you. It’s my understanding that the water supply for that whole incident was supplied by FDNY fire boats but I never knew of civilian efforts. It doesn’t surprise me. A lot of good came out in people that day. 

I still remember watching it happen live and a reporter grabbing a group of construction workers going the opposite direction of everyone else. She asked him what they were doing.  His reply was there were a lot of people in trouble and they were going to help.  I’ve never seen it again in allbthe footage, but will never forget it. 🇺🇸

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 10:21 AM, tarpon41 said:

As a fireman and a boater, I greatly appreciate this view of 9/11, for I never knew what our brothers did on the waterways for our fellow Americans that day! 

Thanks again for sharing this.

For I will never forget 🇺🇸

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 1:21 PM, justfish said:

Yes thank you. It’s my understanding that the water supply for that whole incident was supplied by FDNY fire boats but I never knew of civilian efforts. It doesn’t surprise me. A lot of good came out in people that day. 

I still remember watching it happen live and a reporter grabbing a group of construction workers going the opposite direction of everyone else. She asked him what they were doing.  His reply was there were a lot of people in trouble and they were going to help.  I’ve never seen it again in allbthe footage, but will never forget it. 🇺🇸

I was on duty at the FD and watched the second plane crash into the World Trade Center. Many lives lost and other lives forever changed. It was a hard lesson learned.  A lesson,  I hope we as a nation never forget.

Never gets old to watch true hero's in action. Have seen the video several times,  each time it impresses me the length to which normal folks go to help out.

These are the stories that should be taught in our schools to students that are so easily manipulated at such an early age. Some of the things I see and read make me wonder if the next generation will even know about the planes that struck the Twin Towers. Thanks for posting.

Archived