2016 2200 TRS bow seating back rest

BillAV8R1

• 9 months later...

Actually, I'm still on the hunt for something that will work.  I have someone looking into whether the current Pathfinder backrest arms are compatible with the 2016 2200 TRS.  I initially thought that I could switch out the bow deck lid/seats on a 2600 and put them on my 2200, which would have been perfect.  However, I learned quickly thereafter that that would not work, they're not the same shape, et cetera.  I have a feeling I'm probably going to have to have something fabricated, but if anyone has any suggestions (anyone from Pathfinder?), I'm open to it.  This is a pic of my current deck.  I think the issue is the cup holder and the speaker.  I'm not sure if the newer 2200 TRS's have those features as well as the ability to add the backrest.

If you figure something out, I'd definitely appreciate you letting me know … and I'll definitely do the same.

Bill

2016 2200 TRS Bow.jpg

If I don't hear anything back regarding the backrest, that is most likely the route I'll go.  If the cup holder doesn't work, fabrication is where I'm headed as well.  I also did order from Family Boating Center in Tampa (excellent to deal with, by the way) the exact bow rails that are shown above.  Figured with the cushions I'm having made - and the possible backrest - my wife and friends are going to need something to at least stabilize themselves with - and the rails look really nice.

I'll keep you posted if I have any updates. Thanks again!

Bill

2016 2200 TRS .jpg

I actually had them do the side rails on my 2016 while at the factory in november 2015 before they were an option (I think they got the idea from me!). I used the same guy that they use for polling platforms for the hewes and Mavericks. I also had a polling platform put on at the same time. I think the rails can be added but they may need backing. I then got the back rests from birdsall marine, not as nice as the factory ones now but they didn’t have them back in 2016. They work well. I was told by skip when I inquired about upgrading my backrests to the new factory ones that it can’t be done, I forget the reason. Here is a pic of my backrests and the boat when new with the side rails. The feet aren’t mine and I’m not the guy at the helm either!

62C033D0-5735-445C-A9A4-0683DFDAEE9F.png

BD033183-08D1-41F4-B2A9-9CC6ADD3C8DF.png

• 2 months later...

Still looking for dimensions on the backrest arms to see if they’ll fit into the zero degree rod/cup holder.  Could never get them from MBG.  Any help on them would be appreciated  

I did get the bow rails added - and they turned out excellent and very secure  - thanks Family Boating Center of Tampa

CD7CA634-7395-4445-BE92-84AC4DFB4273.jpeg

AC09DA03-AA5D-4087-9AD2-353A49949AAD.jpeg

Rails look great! If no one replies, see if a dealer near you one to check out and take measurements. I think it is a fairly popular option on both the 2200 and 2600 so should be one around.  Also, if you can take some pics for the rest of us on how the factory ones are secured. I would be interested in this also since my set up does stick into the walking area and the factory set up is clean and out of the way.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have the backrest arms and receivers installed in a 2200 TRS, 2400 TRS or even a Cobia that could get me measurements (diameter, length, et cetera). Maybe a picture of how they lock into the receiver? Getting this info from MBG is Impossible and I’m trying to decide whether to re-glass the area they fit or go another route (rod holder/cup holder). I’d really appreciate it. Fiberglass guy can’t do anything without those measurements and my local Pathfinder dealer doesn’t have them in stock.   My boat is last pic  

Thanks in advance -

Bill

BA7B2155-EE77-490C-AB17-221E1F141218.jpeg

EEACBE45-C028-422D-BC66-60D3CF3EE6F5.jpeg

65CD279C-85D3-43CF-B8B3-9AD042D728DF.jpeg

• 1 month later...

I have a 2012 2400 TRS and want to add the forward backrest also.   I was looking at the after market ones on Birdsall Marine but don't really like them.  Interested in what you find.   I am thinking about mounting a rocket launcher type receiving bracket on the outside of the rod storage compartment.  I assume I will have to reinforce the wall.  Any other ideas?

Boatpic2.jpg

• 4 months later...

Well, after a lot of research and negotiating, this project is finally done. The before pics are above. Here is the finished product. And a big shoutout to GG Schmitt for fabricating the arms and receivers; Sandy at Sorite for making the cushions and the heavy lifting done by The Boat Doctor in Tampa for re-doing the fiberglas and final installation. Looks like original equipment. 

4E129629-D90E-46A7-806A-E45331105830.jpeg

EDECE804-A81B-4FFB-920C-6C39B51F1A7E.jpeg

0BD95BF6-F67E-4AB2-B253-EB88E96F5678.jpeg

23A1B88E-7BD4-4CBF-A009-E0AC139635A0.jpeg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

It’s a FISHING BOAT, what’s with all the fancy cushions, handrail and a table !!!.  ALL KIDDING ASIDE. She looks fantastic, you my have started something with the backrest mod. Yes, Sandy does great work. 😀🙏 fin

Could be used for back deck too I guess. Great idea. Have one question, do those holder drain into that locker when it rains or washing the lady.

• 2 weeks later...

Ha!  Yes, if it were just me, it would have remained "just" a fishing boat; however, there's some proverb somewhere that I read that says "Happy Wife, Happy Life", so that's why all the fancy cushions, handrail, seadek, beanbag, et cetera.  😉  

The receiver does drain into the hull.  I had a cup holder there before, which had the same drainage system.  

The arms and receivers were $280 a piece.  I actually have the Pathfinder arms and receivers, but have the Cobia-sized cushions.

Thanks for the compliments!  

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
On 1/5/2022 at 2:33 PM, TOD927 said:

Your boat looks great and I am also being pestered by the wife to add back rest. Is GG Schmitt the name of the fabricator who makes the Pathfinder backrest or did he do a custom job. Thanks in advance. 

I was on GG Smiths site and found this picture, it looks like they do. I sourced some used arms. and have been trying to source just the receivers. There's a location local to me I'm going to reach out to them Monday. Let me know if there's something I can help you with when I do. Now if we can find some Cobia sized cushions!!!

gg smith.jpg

Make sure you get the cobia arms and receivers. There’s a difference. Sandy at Sorite knows the dimensions of the Pathfinder as well as Cobia cushions and can fabricate them. The big thing for me was finding someone to do the Fiberglas work to replace the cup holder I had there, reinforce it and set the receivers. The first time we set the receivers and took the boat out, the backrest cracked under weight. Had to take it back for reinforcement and it’s been fine ever since.