Help - dad’s trip with my young boys

I’m planning to surprise my two boys (6 and 9) with a “mens” trip to FL on a fishing adventure.  Would like to maybe snorkel the crystal/rainbow river, then a few trips inshore (snook, tarpon, etc), and down to the Everglades for fishing and maybe an airboat ride.  Mom is traveling out of the country and the boys are out of school for a week, so I’m going to take the week off and hopefully make some awesome memories!

trip will be in late February of ‘19.  We will fly into FL (from NC) and rent a car.  Have 5 days to kill.  Any advice or tips on where and who to book with would be greatly appreciated!

thanks for your help with this!

DoubleB

feel free to text any info you can share.....  three three six- six six nine - 2670

Age 6 and 9 would be cool to mix up a park that isn’t a theme park with a theme park maybe one with two big ears and a mouse named Mickey . When my boys where there age they enjoyed the ride into Everglades National Park as much as the Flamingo fishing trips . On a good day they can see a lot of cool stuff and catch a few fish .  They also liked Mickey Mouses house a lot . So much to do in Florida south Florida the keys and glades . Central Florida Disney . A few forts worth seeing . The beach are worth a stop . Just doing things they have not done before with the three of you will be something they will remember forever . Enjoy your time with them because they will grow up way faster than you want them to .  Joe R 

On 9/9/2018 at 10:14 AM, Double B said:

Would like to maybe snorkel the crystal/rainbow river, then a few trips inshore (snook, tarpon, etc), and down to the Everglades for fishing and maybe an airboat ride.

Feb for cyrstal river can be cold......for the $$$ a trip to the Mikosukki (sp) off St Rd 41...., gator wresting, etc. and an airboat ride might be better spent than a back country fishing trip...unless they love fishing...

Snorkling in the keys might be a better alternative vs N. Florida in Feb.....

dc

I know we are far from February but I would check how red tide is affecting the areas you plan to visit on the west coast. 

Snorkeling can be done on the springs year round since temp is always the same, but it can get cold out of the water.

The Keys sound better for that purpose and you can go to Flamingo from there too.

Archived